Chapter Four

'Wait, THE Zayn Malik?' Bryce thought to himself. He was quite stunned because he had never heard any of the boys in One Direction being gay. Bryce wasn't a huge Directioner, but he knew things about them by girls at his old school always talking about them and 'Which ones the hottest and best singer'.

The rest of the time they spent talking about Bryce and just talking. Bryce got to know a few of the people well, but he didn't talk to Zayn, which he didn't mind. He always thought of Zayn as just one of those stuck-up people that is famous and doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Once the group session was dismissed, he waited for Jessie, who was talking to some people, because she was her ride back. Once she was done, he followed her back to the University, and, of course, she was talking right when they started the ride.

"So how'd you like it?" She asked in her spunk attitude.

"It was, nice. You're right, the people there are really nice. But... why is Zayn there? I thought he had a girlfriend." He asked.

Jessie nodded, starting the story. "He is having troubles with being gay. His management won't let him be publicly gay, so they hired that girl to be his girlfriend. He is upset with that, because though he doesn't have that special someone yet, he told me when he does, he wants to go out with them in public, for the world to see, and not hide them for people. He came to the group so he could have people to talk to, to understand him."

Bryce took in those words, rethinking what he thought about Zayn being one of those selfish people. He's not selfish at all, he's just alone.

When they got back to the university, Jessie called back, "Hey, wanna hang out later?"

"Sure," Bryce agreed.

"Okay cool! I'll come by your dorm at three," she said, and left to go the opposite way.

Bryce went to his room, smiling. After being here for only twelve hours, he finally made a good friend.

At exactly three sharp, Jessie came by Bryce's dorm. "Hey Bryce!" she said as he opened the door.

"Hey," he replied, and went out of the room to follow Jessie, wherever she was going. "Where are we going?" Bryce asked.

"I'm taking you to the best cafe ever in London!" She explained.

"Sounds good!" Bryce cheered.

"Oh and is it okay if Zayn comes?" She asked him.

"Zayn, as in the Zayn Malik from the group?" She nodded. Bryce was a little nervous. He kind of liked Zayn, but he never really introduced himself to him.

They got to the cafe, where they went over to a guy in a hat and sunglasses. "Is that Zayn?" Bryce asked.

"Yep!" She said, popping the 'p'.

"Why is he in disguise?"

"Because he's famous, silly. He doesn't want to get mobbed by a bunch of girls when he is out in public."

They walked over to Zayn, who smiled and waved at the two. "Hey Zayn! How's it going?" Jessie asked.

"Fine, and you?" He asked back.

"Great thanks! If you haven't had a proper introduction to Bryce yet, Bryce meet Zayn, Zayn meet Bryce!" She said happily. The two teens shook hands and greeted each other.

Bryce blushed a little when their hands touched, because he felt sparks between the two.

The three friends talked for hours about themselves, mainly focusing on Bryce because he was new to all of them. They talked about aspirations for when they were older, Bryce talked a lot about his past, and the talked about Zayn and his life for being famous.

After a long talk, Jessie asked, "Zayn is anything the matter? You seem a little off today."

Zayn shrugged. "I don't know, I guess I'm just in a bad mood today." Zayn looked at his watch, which read 5 o'clock. "I'm sorry mates, but I gotta go. I have to meet the lads for dinner. But I'll see you both at group session next time," he said as he stood up to give Jessie a hug, then gave Bryce one.

"It was cool to meet you Zayn! And you know if you ever want to talk or anything, let me know," Bryce said, and Zayn nodded.

"Thank you. It means a lot." He said sincerely before he left.

Jessie and Bryce started to leave, Jessie said, "Looks like someone's gotta crush!"

Bryce smiled and playfully said, "Shut up."

~~~~~~~~~~~