clark kent x fem!reader

A/N: this was requested by 1-800-YELENAB i hope you like it <3 (sorry it took so long and if it's not very good!) i'll be doing another one where he is overprotective :)

summary; you and jason were discussing football try-outs; he had noticed how fast you were at running in p.e and thought you'd be good for the team. clark, of course, caught you both, and immediately got the wrong idea.

word count: 646

warnings: fluff? some stereotypical story line xd and some jealous clark

 ‧₊˚✩

clark came to a stop, around the corner of the hallway, causing chloe to bump into his broad shoulder. she scrunched her nose, rubbing her forehead,

"uh, hello? clark-" she waves her hand back and forth in front of his zoned-out face. "what are you-" 

she cut herself off, sighing in realization when she caught sight of you smiling so beautifully with none another than jason teague, who also looked to be laughing?  

clarks eyes widen (more than they were already if possible) as he noticed- was that your hand on his arm-

"oh, clark, you don't think somethings really going on with them, do you?" she looked at him with furrowed brows. 

"...maybe?" 

a huge exasperated sigh could be heard,

"c'mon! this is Y/N L/N we're talking 'bout! she would never ever think of doing such a thing when she's with you." she smiles softly, "when she loves you." she gently punches his arm as to emphasis.

he weakly smiled back at her, before looking towards the scene again, seeing that you were saying your goodbyes and parting ways to go to the next class. 

"yeah, i guess." 

he still couldn't shake the feeling... you wouldn't, would you?

‧₊˚✩

"clark!" a soft cheery voice came from the distance. he immediately recognized that it was you. he smiled upon hearing your voice. 

"hey, clark, i was calling you." you announced as your steps synchronized with his. you grabbed his hand softly and swung it playfully, smiling his way.

"oh sorry, i was uh- in my own head there for a second." he look at you quickly, smiling weakly, before swiftly moving his gaze back towards his feet. 

you frowned, noticing something was bothering him and dragged him by the hand over to a bench nearby. determined to find out what was wrong.

sitting him down, you placed your hands on his cheeks, guiding his face to look at you.

"now, are you gonna' tell me what's up or am i going to have to go get chloe?" you teasingly raised an eyebrow, he chuckled lightly causing you to as well. he began to look around, eyes glancing at anything they could find, 

"i saw you." 

"you saw me..?" you shook your head with an adorably, clearly confused, look. he sighed, and looked you in the eye before gently muttering,

"with jason."

and that was all you needed to hear before a smile broke out onto your face and you had to bite your lip to stop yourself from laughing, trying to take him seriously, nodding your head.

he breathlessly chuckled, "i'm serious!"

"i know!" you giggled, placing your hand on his cheek, gently caressing. "but, clark, we were only discussing football try-outs." you whispered, as if it were a little secret you were telling. 

he froze. staring at you with widened eyes of realization. 

he all of a sudden remembered you telling him the other day that coach teague had wanted to talk to you sometime to discuss you potentially joining the team. how could he forget when you have the cutest mannerisms when you get excited about something.

sheepishly chuckling, looking up at you shyly, he took in your teasing eyes with his embarrassed ones.

"now, you see, i don't know how you could even think that i would-"

he kissed you. 

with so much passion it shut you up, and you gladly reciprocated it. 

and to also get rid of any embarrassment that he still felt.