Chapter 7

Liam's POV

"Who's Sophia?" Maia asks again.

"She's my girlfriend.." I reply hesitantly looking up at Maia.

Maia's jaw drops and I wait for the screaming match that is bound to come. Looking at her, I realize that for once, she doesn't say anything.

"Oh, well I can't wait to meet her." Maia responds.

I, along with everyone in the room just stare at her. I think we all expected a very different reaction. The fact that she is being so calm, really confuses me.

"Tonight is going to be one hell of a night.." mumbles Harry. I nod my head in agreement, because if Maia's keeping her cool now, then that means tonight is going to be hell.

--

Maia's POV

"So, are you girls excited for tonight?" asks Lea.

"Sure." I say while Aria nods her head.

"Did you know Liam had a girlfriend?" I asked Lea.

Lea stops what she's doing and shakes her head. "No, I really didn't. You know I don't keep up with that stuff, but I really didn't see that coming." she says.

Just thinking about tonight really bothers me. I can't believe he almost kissed me today when he has a fucking girlfriend. I don't know how I am going through get through tonight, especially when I am going to have to play nice with this Sophia chick.

"Are ya'll ready?" Aria calls from the living area.

"Yes" Lea and I both call was we walk towards her and then we all walk out the door to the car waiting downstairs. In the car, I stay silent while Lea and Aria talk about the club and how exciting its going to be.

Liam's POV

"..Maia, as in your ex-girlfriend Maia, Liam? Why did you think it was okay for her to come tonight?" Sophia nags me for at least the fifth time since we arrived at the club thirty minutes ago. Sophia has been acting like a crazed person since I told her Maia would be coming tonight.

"She is also Lou's cousin Sophia, so can you relax." I spit back.

"Why are you getting mad with me?" she asks.

"Are you kidding me? You've been bitching at me every since I told you she was coming. It is driving me bloody nuts." I say.

"The girls are here.." I hear Harry say from the other side of me.

I look up as Maia, Lea, and Aria head towards us. Maia looks really great tonight. She has on a black long sleeve dress that comes up to her thighs and hugs her in all the right places... what am I thinking? If Sophia could read minds I would be dead right now.

"Hey everyone" Lea says to us while Maia shoots daggers at me with her eyes.

"Hi girls, it's so nice to finally meet you." I hear Sophia say

"Hi, I'm Lea." Lea says semi-nicely.

"I'm Aria" Aria says with a small wave.

"So you must be Mia then.." Sophia says with a tilt of her head.

I just stare at Sophia. Is she for real right now?

"I don't know who the fuck Mia is, but my names Maia and I'm going to go get some drinks." Maia says as she smiles sweetly at us as she walks away.

--

Maia's POV

She fucking drives me nuts already and she only said one sentence and who am I kidding trying to tell myself she slipped up. She knew what she was saying.

After spending about half an hour alone at the bar, and a couple shots later, I walk out to the dance floor where I see everyone, including Sophia, who happens to be dancing all over a guy who isn't Liam. Well, Liam's got himself a keeper, huh?

Walking over to the boys, I grab Niall's hand and pull him on to the dance floor.

"Maia, how you feeling?" he asks.

"Tipsy, don't ruin in." I say bluntly as we dance together. Niall laughs and looks at me with concern.

"I'm fine, Niall, really." I say as I dance, feeling a little bit more tipsy than I thought.

"You're fine but you walked off and got drunk by yourself?" he says staring at me.

"Tipsy, I am not drunk. Thank you very much, Horan" I say.

After a couple of songs, Niall suggest a trip to the bar, which I eagerly agree to. On the way to the bar, I look up to see Liam, looking jealous? No, it can't be jealousy, not over Niall. Besides, he has a girlfriend, right? Liam sees that I've seen him and gives a small smile and a wave. A smile and a wave that Sophia catches, and does not look too happy about.

That gives me some sort of satisfaction. I turn around to the bar as Niall orders a couple of shots, which I down like a professional.

-

Liam's POV

"Sophia, stop acting like a lunatic, you are driving me insane." I say as I run my hand through my hair.

"A lunatic? You're playing friendly with your ex and I am the lunatic?" she yells at me, gathering the attention of Zayn and Louis.

Louis gives me a look, and I just shrug. He knows how I have been feeling about Sophia these days. I've been wanting to break up with her for weeks, I just haven't been able to figure out how to do it. Her jealousy and immaturity has been driving me insane and I have had enough.

Next thing I know, she's back dancing on some other guy. I don't even really know how she's my girlfriend, whenever we go out like this, she's always on other guys. Yet, it's okay for her to be jealous. Women, I swear.

"Heyy Liaaaam" I hear Maia slur, which makes me laugh a little.

"Hey you, I think you've had enough to drink" I chuckle.

"What is she doing" she replies motioning to Sophia.

"Whatever she wants" I sigh.

The next thing I see and Maia walking up to Sophia and pulling her off of the guy she had been grinding on.

"What the hell?" I hear Sophia squeak.

"I'm sorry, but she has a boyfriend." Maia says to the guy she was grinding on.

Sophia pushed Maia off of her, letting a few choice swear words slip out. Sophia gets aggravated and slaps Maia across the face, and I hear Lea and Aria, as well as the guys gasp.

My jaw is almost to the floor before I compose myself and walk towards them, pulling Maia back off of Sophia. Which was probably the wrong choice, because I have now chosen a side. Sophia notices and stomps towards us and pulls Maia by the hair.

"Why can't you just stay out of my business?" she yells.

"Because you business involves being a slut, and that's not fair to Liam" Maia hisses before throwing her fist directly into Sophia's nose.