Chapter 3

Maia's POV

Lea, Aria, and I all rush into the studio.

"We are so sorry," say Lea "the cab driver was new and had no idea where to go."

James turns around and looks shocked "I didn't expect the three of you to turn up together" he chuckles.

"Oh, yea, Aria is actually our roommate. Small world, right?" I say with a smirk.

"Well that's great, that will definitely make things go easier" he replies.

"So" Aria starts, "where is the talent you said you wanted us to meet with today?"

"Well they actually just went out to get some food for the lot of you, so while we wait do you want to get started on some stuff, see how you girls sound together?" he asks.

"Yea, let's do it" Lea says and walks toward to recording booth.

"Do you girls know the lyrics to "You & I" by One Direction?" James asks us.

Lea and I look at each other and I sigh and reply "Yes" at the same time Aria screeches "Oh god, Yes!". We all laugh at her enthisiasm, or obsessiveness, I'm not sure yet.

"Okay so judging from the videos from you and Lea, Maia I think taking over Liam's and Zayn's parts would really showcase your vocal range, and Lea I think you should do the chorus, Aria try the remaning verses. Sound good?" he asks after laying out the plan.

"Sounds good" we all say.

I listened as Aria started. She was really good, had more potential then I could tell from the screeching to her headphones. I follow up with the next verse and the finish off with the high note, which I was very proud of.

--

Liam's POV

Walking back in we hear a feminine version of "You & I" and we rush in to see what these girls look like. From what I can hear, they sound pretty good. We walk in just in time for Zayn's high note, and when we see the girls we all are dumbfounded and have stopped in our tracks.

Niall recovers from shock first and yells "IS THAT LEA AND MAIA?".

This causes everyone in the studio to look up. Lea and Maia included. Maia and I make eye contact and she looks like she fighting both the urge to run in the opposite direction.

James is the first to recover from Niall's screaming. "You boys know them?"

Louis gets the first respone and says "Ofcourse we know them. Maia's my cousin.."

"..and Lea's mine" states Zayn, "wait, what are you two doing in London?"

I still have no words at what I've just realized and storm out.

-

Maia's POV

"..you guys know One Direction?" Aria pipes up.

"I think I'm going to be sick." I mumble.

"You moved to London and couldn't even take the time to tell me?" asks an angry Louis.

"Your mom knows. I was planning on telling you.." I begin, "I just didn't know how. After we last spoke, you don't even respond to my calls or anything."

"..and what's your excuse Lea? Last I checked we were just fine." says Zayn.

I interupt before Lea says anything "I asked her not too, because you would just tell the rest of the boys." The last thing I need was to have Zayn and Lea fighting because I was into it with Louis.

Aria starts again, ".. wait, wait. I need someone to tell me what's going on. If you guys are family, why not tell them you guys were moving to London?"

I sigh, "It's just more difficult than that."

"Why Maia, because you don't want to face me after our fight, or because you don't want to face Liam?" says Louis.

James, seeing things are going to get out of hand jumps in, " Lads, ladies. Let's just calm down. We have work to do, and it does not involve killing each other."

"I can't do this right now, Im sorry James, I.. I just need a moment.." I stutter and run out of the studio.