Hot Spring

“Hello there

“Hello there. I am the chief of this village, Tecchikawahara Tecchin, very nice to meet you.” A small old man said. Like, minuscule, so small that if it wasn't for his grizzled hair, Y/N would've had confused him with a six-year-old child.

“I may be the smallest in this village, but I am also the best at my craft, now, bow your heads so low that it touches the mat.”

“Kamado Tanjiro, very nice to meet you!!” Tanjiro enthusiastically said, bowing so fast that his forehead harshly hit against the mat.

“Uh- L/N Y/N!!” The girl exasperatedly imitated him.

“What good kids. Now come over here and take some dough cakes.” He said, showing them a basket filled with the snack.

“Thank you so much!” Tanjiro exclaimed, happily taking the basket. “Here, Y/N!” he immediately offered it to her.

“Oh, thanks!” She said, excitedly starting to eat.

“Hoho, you two look very close, aaah, young love really is a beautiful thing-” The old man commented at the same time Tanjiro was about to swallow the cake in his mouth, making the boy choke and starting to cough loudly.

“I- cof- cof, I-It's n-not like that!” His eyes were going back and forth at looking at Y/N and at the floor, he was a bit worried about what she was going to think regarding this statement, what if she hates being seen that way with him?

“Huh? Yeah, of course we are close! I like Tanjiro a lot!” She said without an ounce of embarrassment or shyness, and went back to munch on the dough cakes like it was nothing.

“I see, I see!” Tecchin said, nodding with a pink aura around his head while cooing at how cute they were, although Tanjiro himself was as red as a tomato.

Even though the burgundy boy knew that the type of 'like' Y/N was talking about wasn't the same as the one Tecchin was thinking, it still made him happy to hear her say that….

But, as he thought, Y/N is as slow as ever, and…

He narrowed his eyes as he side-eyed the hickey on her neck, it was hardly visible now thanks to the collar the corps uniform has, but still could be seen if you paid enough attention.

Someone has been beating him to it, and he doubts Y/N will willingly tell who they are, she will probably only distract him again if he asks-

He shook his head, he will think about that later! Now he needs to concentrate in getting a sword!

“Hotaru has gone missing right now. We're doing our best to look for him, so please be patient.” Tecchin said.

“Hotaru?” Tanjiro stopped eating to question.

“Yes. Haganekuza Hotaru.”

“What a cute name!”

“I'm the one who gave it to him, but he keeps badmouthing me since he says it's too cute.”