412: The One Where Toni Can't Read

riverdalelover152 suggested this one

TONI POV:

I walk into the living room were Cheryl is. "What?" She ask quietly. "I need help." I say sitting down on the couch. "It's not that hard." She says looking at my homework. "I didn't read the book." I tell her. "Not at all?" She ask quietly. "It got to hard." I say quietly. "Toni, can I ask you something?" I nod. "I need you to be honest with me about this too." I nod again. "Is reading always hard for you?" She ask quietly. "Yeah. It's always been hard. Is it not supposed to be?" I ask her. "No. Reading is supposed to be fun." She tells me. "I'll help you with this but I think you need to look into getting tested for a learning disability." She explains. "What?" I ask confused. "You can't read Toni! I'm surprised you made it this far undetected!" She tells me.

I look at Weatherbee. "Looking through your file Toni, I'm surprised no one said anything sooner." He tells me. "What's wrong with me?" I ask him. "You'll see in a soon." He says picking up the phone and dialing the phone. "Hi, Andra I have a student here and I think they need an evaluation." My eyes widen. "Ok, I'll send her down. Ok. Thank you." He hangs up the phone. "Room B23." He tells me. I nod. "What's gonna happen?" I ask him. "You'll see."

I walk out of the classroom and see Cheryl waiting for me. "Well?" She ask quietly. "My parents refused to get me help when I was younger. Apparently I have dyslexia and probably ADHD." I tell her. "What now?" She ask concerned. "I'm gonna meet with her tomorrow to discuss our options." She nods. "I just want to go home." I whisper. "You have lunch and 2 more classes." She says quietly. I look at her. "We can leave. I don't want to be here." She says quietly.

I roll over and look at Cheryl. "I forgot to thank you." I whisper. "I think the sex made up for it babe." She tells me. "How did you know what to do?" I ask her. "Jason, had similar problems and no one helped him." She tells me. "I didn't want that happen again." She says quietly.

Idk what else to do with this