Meeting

Mark's POV:

I was walking around the place to look for more supplies like clothing, more billets and dog food. I saw an alternate and quickly took out my gun.

I try to shoot it but the gun only make a 'click' sound. I forgot to put in bullets before leaving and I didn't have spare pack of them with me.

So I did the only thing anyone would. Run. I start running and it follows me. I don't look back and just run even tho my feet start to burn from running.

I run and turn a sudden corner to maybe lose it but instead I bump into someone and fall on my back closing my eyes and giving out a grunt. I keep my eyes closed accepting the fate of getting killed by an alternate.

"Mark?" A voice said. It sounded very familiar. "Cesar?" I say opening my eyes. It is him. I sit up and look if the alternate is anywhere. "Where did the alternate go?" I ask him. "I guess you ran fast enough to lose it" he says.

I finally stand up. "How have you been?" Cesar asks me. "I've been fine I guess, how have you been?" I ask him also. "Could be better.. would you mind if I stayed with you? I think alternates lurk my house" Cesar says concerned.

"Uhh sure I guess, but how would I know if your not an alternate?" I say glancing at him. "If I'd be a alternate I would have killed you already" Cesar says. He is talking facts.

We search for supplies and I finally get some bullets in my gun and a few pack with me when I should run out. "Ready to head there?" I ask him. He has a waffle in his mouth. "Bsmsonskbwjwkwkkes" he says. I look at him confused. He eats the waffle and says: "yeah I'm ready!"

He made me have butterflies in my stomach sometimes.

We are almost at the shelter or as 'my home' and he spots Surm. The dog starts to bark at him. "I don't think they like me very much" Cesar says. I calm down Surm. "He isn't really use to seeing anyone else then me, it's alright" I say. I motion my hand for him to come over and he comes closer to me and Surm. I take Cesar's hand and put it on Surm's head for him to pet him.

Cesar starts to pet Surm and he starts to get use to Cesar. We then go inside. "I see you've got a new place" Cesar then said. "Yea, this is farther so its a bit safer, tho there are sometimes alternates here" I tell him.

"Since your staying here you should have your room" I tell him. I lead him to the only bedroom in the small house. The bedroom I used before. "Surm might come and cuddle with you at night most likely" I laugh a bit.

Surm just then ran in the room and jumped on the bed. Me and Cesar start to laughter at him but he doesn't mind.

I had made dinner while Cesar was checking out the house and near it from outside. I called him in the kitchen and he came. I set 2 plates of spaghetti bolognese on the table, one for me and one for Cesar. I put a dog bowl full of food for Surm.

When I was done with that Cesar was thanking god and then started to eat. I started to eat my food too but I wasn't all that hungry so I let Surm finish the rest of the food. That dog eats literally everything, even mice.

"Thank you for the food, it was very good" Cesar said smiling. "No problem" I told him with a smile. His smile give me butterflies in my stomach once again.

We decided to set to bed. "Where are you gonna sleep tho?" Cesar asks me. "On the couch. I sleep most nights on the cough anyways" I tell him.

"I wouldn't mind sharing tho" Cesar said. I could feel a small blush creeping up on my face from the touch of us sharing a bed. Maybe the dog will separate us from the middle? "Uhhh, I guess I wouldn't mind it either" I tell him.

We set to bed then. I sleep on the right and he sleeps on the left side. As I though Surm did separate us from the middle so we weren't that close. I was feeling my eyelids feeling heavy. And like that I was asleep.