𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐎 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 ... ▁▂▅▆▇▉

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐨 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝟎:𝟎𝟎 |——————— 𝟑:𝟎𝟕♯ 𝐀 ♯ 𝟎𝟎𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 : ▮▯▯▯▯▯▯▯▯┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐨 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝟎:𝟎𝟎 |——————— 𝟑:𝟎𝟕
♯ 𝐀 ♯ 𝟎𝟎
𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 : ▮▯▯▯▯▯▯▯▯
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

November 1983. Hawkins, Indiana.

BRIGGS REYES IS RESTLESS. Frankly, not much has happened in Hawkins since his dad skipped town and his mom fell in love with the overly optimistic postman. A few years of boiling anger and rebellious behavior earned him a sticky reputation of either "troubled" or "troublemaker," and even though Briggs likes to think he's turned himself around, that period of his life doesn't exactly make him the most approachable guy.

That burning anger, that desire to raze Hawkins to the ground and set the world aflame for doing his mother and himself so wrong, it never really went away—but it's settled to a dull ember in the very back of Briggs' mind, energy channeled into powerful strokes through the water of the Hawkins High pool, where he's worked his way up the ranks of the swim team and found a rival in one of its captains, the arrogant king of Hawkins High himself. Steve Harrington.

After Briggs' mom remarried and he gained a nerdy little stepsister, after Jonathan Byers dragged him out of the dark recesses of his mind and knocked some sense into him, after Briggs decided to stop hating and start tolerating, Briggs fell into Hawkins' routine of utter stagnancy: competing against Steve, driving his sister around, spending late nights at the skate park with Mack, listening to music with Jon.

But a new problem is poking at the threshold of Hawkins' stability, sending threatening ripples in every direction. Weird things are happening—disappearances, deaths, suspicious behavior—all of it a bit too personal. Briggs wanted something different, but this really isn't what he had in mind. And then there's the fact that he's starting to realize that maybe he hates Steve Harrington so much because he doesn't hate him at all.

Maybe it's the opposite of hatred. Maybe it's not an issue with accepting that he likes Steve, but an issue with what liking Steve says about himself in a small midwestern town where anyone dubbed "queer" has a target painted on their backs.

As Jon's little brother goes missing and the secure mundanity of Hawkins starts to crumble, Briggs thinks he really, really doesn't have time for an identity crisis right now. But it seems his heart doesn't particularly care about timing.

▮▮▮

𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠...

𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐘 𝐆𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐙 𝐚𝐬 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐑 "𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐒" 𝐑𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒