Chapter 1: For Sale

Have you ever had those days where, nothing truly special happens, but you just feel, for no real reason whatsoever, very positive?

Well, that's exactly how one, Gon Freecss, felt on this very day. Granted he's always felt pretty optimistic for no particular reason. It was just within his character.

But today just felt nice for him. He couldn't tell you why. It's not like it was all sunshine and rainbows outside.

As a matter of fact, it was raining, but not a thunderstorm type of rain. It was calm and peaceful, and gave an ambiance for a calm and ethereal vibe and emotion.

His hazel eyes stared outside the window as the golden glow in them shines brightly with enthusiasm. His spiky raven hair pointed straight up to the point of defying gravity as the green highlights compliment its naturally dark color.

His forearms were leaned against the window frame as an orange cat was sat on his shoulder licking at it's paw.

He couldn't tell you how long he had been standing there, 30 minutes, an hour, all day, it was one of those, but it didn't matter. Nothing really mattered. Today just felt... nice.

Breathing in deeply and letting out a sigh of satisfaction, the 21 year old walking definition of optimism would look at his watch to check the time before pushing himself away from the window he was leaning against to watch the rain fall before picking up his cat and nuzzling his nose against it and setting it down on the floor. Grabbing his house keys along with the rest of his essentials, including an umbrella, he then made his way out the door.

Gon made his way down the stone walkway with a kick in his step despite the meek weather as "Life Is Still Going On" by NCT Dream played in his headphones while walking in tempo with the song. Gon was just the type of person to see the best in everything. It's another characteristic of what made him who he was as a person.

The house next door to his came into view, and house that hasn't been inhabited since he moved here. As he walked by the house, he caught sight of an object out of his peripherals. Turning his head and looking through the light rain that was now coming down a bit heavier than earlier, he squinted his eyes to see a sign planted in the ground in front of the house. Walking forward a bit, he leaned his head down to see what the sign read.

'For Sale'

Upon reading the words on the sign, Gon silently gasped before a huge and bright smile presented itself upon his face. The idea, the very concept of having a neighbor this close was foreign, but exciting for the guy. His house was in a more secluded area of his neighborhood surrounded by trees with stone path leading out of the secluded area. The only house close to his being the one right next door which never had anyone living in it.

His heart raced with the thought of having a new neighbor flooding his mind as he turned to his right and continued walking his way down the path reaching the exit of the trees and walking down the sidewalk to his left.

Gon was on his way to work but decided to make a stop by a flower shop owned by a close friend of his.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Entering the building, he was greeted by the sound of a bell ringing above his head as he opened the door along with the smell of a variety of different flowers filling his nostrils.

Gon takes a deep breath relishing in the fresh scent of the flowers before looking towards the counter and seeing the owner of the shop.

"Thank you for shopping. Please come again."