Chapter 2: Neighbors

~A few weeks later~

"N-no, how could they?! How could they kill him?! He did nothing wrong!!" Gon said in a shaky voice as tears fell from his eyes moarning over the death of someone he loved.

He was on the couch watching a movie where the main character's pet dog had passed away.

"Whoever was the one that wrote in the script that the dog dies should be fired!!" Gon yells dramatically at the TV screen blowing his nose into a tissue, all the while his cat was asleep in his lap.

Gon continued watching his TV until he felt the need to relieve himself.

"Excuse me Abe, I gotta go to the bathroom." Gon said picking his cat up disrupting his nap and setting him to his side. Gon picks himself up off the couch and leaves his den.

After using the bathroom and washing his hands, he leaves the bathroom to walk back to the den to see his cat Abe in the living room standing in from of his water bowl. Gon smiles and approaches his pet crouching down rubbing his back. Abe looks back up at Gon stretching his eyes and meows as Gon looks down to his water bowl  noticing that it's empty.

"Oh, do you want water some Abe? Here, I'll get you some." Gon says before picking up the water bowl, taking it into the kitchen and pouring water into the bowl before bringing is back to his cat who began to drink it once Gon had set it on the floor.

Gon stood up and smiled at his pet before turning to begin walking back to his den.

Upon turning around he caught a glimpse of something on his living room desk. Gon's face goes blank as he walks towards the desk. Stopping in front of it. He sees a picture frame sitting on the desk. It was a picture of a middle aged woman with orange hair and amber colored eyes smiling brightly towards the camera. Next to the picture was a necklace locket laying on the desk.

Picking up the locket, Gon presses a button on the side of the golden circular piece of metal opening the top of it revealing a picture inside. It was of the same woman only this picture had her hugging a 12 year old Gon as they were both smiling brightly holding onto eachother.

Gon smiles at the picture, a tear welling up in his eye before sliding down his cheek and falling to the floor as he closes the picture of the locket before clutching it in his fist around it and holding it close to his chest.

'I miss you Aunt Mito...'

As this thought goes through Gon's head his ear picks up the sound of a car driving past his house. Wiping the tear away from his face, Gon walks toward his living room window, pushing the blinds open and peaking outside.

Upon getting a view outside, Gon sees an expensive looking car parked in front of the house next door to his. He could see a figure stepping outside of the car and walking to the back door of the vehicle opening it and leaning inside to reach for something.

Gon gasps and smiles as his mood does a complete 180 before grabbing his keys and quickly making his way out the door.

Gon walks along the dirt path between his house and the neighboring house excited to meet his new neighborhood. Upon getting close to the person, Gon notices they still had their back turned so heß couldn't see their face.

Gon could however see that the figure was a tall male with fluffy, silver hair. He was wearing long black jeans, purple converse, and a white turtle neck over a purple long sleeved shirt.

Gon walks up behind the man happily and stops a few feet behind him noticing that he was rummaging through the back of his car. Gon's smile widens as he finally decides to make his presence known.