Chapter 21!

Jaci’s POV

It's been one week since Carol blew up, and we didn't talk much later. I made sure that she took her medicine daily. I know how excited she was for her game and I feel sorry for her, but putting all the blame on me is not acceptable.

I haven't seen Carol for a week at home, because she leaves before I wake up and comes home later at midnight. I knew she came home at the sound of the door.  I thought she was going back to her classes, but her friends were asking me about her, which means she's not at her classes either.

Damn.. Is she back on drugs? Girls? My mind started thinking of all the negative possibilities. Today is Saturday and I wish she was in her room. I miss her face… her touch.

I went out of my room to see if she was there, but her room was empty as always. I sighed.

But I heard the door unlock. She is back from her run. I understand why I missed her in the morning. She goes for the run and comes back after I leave. She's all sweaty and God.. her v line is turning me on and then I looked her face.  She had dark circles in her eyes.

"Carol...", hearing my voice, she stopped going into her room and her face is so emotional.

“are you not sleeping well baby”, I caressed her cheek. It was like she was waiting until I touched her, she broke down... and she started crying. I never saw her crumble like that.

"Baby... what's going on?" I hugged her. I was broken when I heard her sobbing. She hugged me into her arms...

"They were back...." I didn't get what she was saying. My nightmares... they've come back... And without drugs... I can't make it," she cried like a child.

I shocked hearing it and seeing my expression, “I didn’t do drugs Jaci.. but it was …. So hard without you… I drove all night daily so I wouldn't have nightmares.  I haven't slept in a week. I thought I might sleep in the morning, but I couldn't... I'm sorry... please scream at me, but don't let me leave... I can't possibly survive without you."

I held her in my hands until she dozed off on the couch. I gently caressed her hair and mentally I promised not to leave her alone.