Chapter 26!

Jaci’s POV

She's been missing for three days. We haven’t seen her at her house nor at her parents’ house. After the conversation I had with her parents at the business meeting, I went outside to check on her only to discover that her car was deserted. It remained open and her phone was in the front seat which meant that she was kidnapped.

We filed a report with the police and she was searched everywhere.

I didn’t want to leave our room and wearing her dress makes me miss her more.

I heard a knock on the door and I opened it to see her parents up. They're also missing their daughter.

"Uncle... any news on Carol?", I sniffed.

"No, my dear... we have not yet heard of his disappearance," I saw his redeyes. I remember Carol telling me how her dad was close to her in her childhood.

While they were entering the house, his phone rang and he picked up. We have not heard him speak, but his face has told us that the person speaking on the other side is not giving good news.

His hands started shaking after he kept the phone and his eyes was glossy. He's never cried before.

"It is Officer Robins who is handing over Carol's case. They found a body in an abandoned factory that resembles Carol. We might have to go there to confirm,' he said hesitantly.

I felt like my soul is leaving me. No, it can't happen. She is my love. My life. I thought of marrying her, having babies with her and being with her forever.

I began to panic and I heard her mother's voice soothe me.

After an hour, we got there and they showed us a body. I didn’t want to see it but something in the hand of the dead body made me to go near it. The face couldn’t be identified. But her hands had that bracelet I got her. It couldn't have been someone else because it was personalized to her with my voice in it. I screamed so hard. She can't leave me alone. She's not meant to leave me...