Moving Forward

Earlier that day,

Izuku sighed as he walked out of yet another highschool with the same reply, he couldn't understand why no institution wanted him, he had spot free background, a great quirk that is flashy enough and near perfect scores.

"They are afraid"

The boy stopped mid-step and stared at nothing in particular, this was the first time his quirk stated his opinion on Izuku's continuous failures on getting in a school.

'What do you mean?' he mentally relayed, he wanted to ask why All for One chose to speak now, but that could be dealt with later, there were a lot of things that didn't make sense about his quirk, adding one more to the infuriatingly long list wouldn't hurt.

"Every human is afraid of the unknown. On paper you seem like the perfect catch for any pre-heroschool, but you have too many uncertainties surrounding you."

Midoriya thought about that statement, 'Uncertainties huh? I guess that makes sense, no guardian, a mysterious quirk awakening, home schooled and no permanent address'

"And you wonder why no school wants you"

He ignored that jab and grumbled 'I just thought maybe some school will be willing to give me a chance' He paused and asked his concern from before 'W-What will I do if I couldn't get into a highschool, how will I pass the UA entrance exam'

"Why do you worry, child. After all, you have me. I merely wanted you to try your hand at getting in by yourself, but I am afraid I can't allow this to go any longer."

An explosion in the distance caught their attention, Izuku instinctively strapped his black mask and ran towards the source of the upheaval.

"SAVE THE GIRL!" The panic-stricken voice of Deatharms invaded his ears as he arrived at the scene and his blood froze, a girl was trying to save an ash-blonde teenager who was trapped inside of a slime monster. She had seemingly attacked his eyes and the criminal was about to land a deadly blow in return.

His legs moved on their own, before he knew it he had activated ' Kinetic Booster x2 ' in his legs and he was an inch away from the girl in an instant.

Red lightning crackling around his body, he activated ' Hypertrophy ' and his left arm enlarged to a massive size as he grabbed the girl and the victim away from the villain, 'Now, Air Cannon'

"SMAAASH!"

----------

And now,

"Melissa Shield, you too can become a hero."

The girl broke down at his words, she couldn't believe her ears, everything about that moment felt so... unreal. It felt like something out of a dream, a fantasy where somehow everything worked out in the end, where her hard work and unwavering will was rewarded. The words her ears were begging to hear from anyone and the fact that her idol said them, made all the suffering worth it. At that moment she wanted nothing more. However he wasn't done.

"I deem you worthy of inheriting my quirk" He finished and shifted back into his real-form

She had been screaming out her frustrations and sobbing away the bottled up tears, but even in that state she heard him perfectly, but she couldn't make sense of that last part. Melissa gazed up at the Symbol of Peace with a questioning stare.

"W-What do you mean? I-Inheriting? Q-Q-Quirk?"

All Might helped the poor girl stand up and they both entered the main hall for further discussions. He knew the information to follow will be a lot to take in and the girl had already been dumped with enough.