Chapter 2

SEALED A CONTRACT TO THE EIGHTH-TAILED BEAST

CHAPTER 2: WELCOME TO MY WORLD

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Nang mapirmahan na ni Lianne ang kanilang kontrata ay biglang nag-iba ng kulay ang kaniyang buhok. Ang kaniyang buhok ay kulay brown na ngayon ay naging kulay lila na ito.

Hinawakan niya ang dulo ng kaniyang buhok upang makita ito. "Naging kulay lila ang buhok ko? Ano ba ang nangyayari?" puno ng pagtataka nitong tanong.

Cilophyte just turn around in the water with his arm wide open. The moment he faces her, he bowed down gracefully, looks up to her and smiled, "That's the sign that you are mine."

Kumunot ang kaniyang noo dahil sa sinabi nito.
"Hindi kita naiintindihan," naguguluhan nitong sambit.

He crossed his arms over his chest, showing some of his biceps. "Well, let me explain to you," he started. "Once a upon a time, during the past, we took some humans and other creatures that exist in this world, you may or you may not know it exists, just to be our slave or pet. Once they sign a contract to their owner, their appearance will change, " he explained.

"Just like yours. " He pointed to her. " Your hair. " he added.

"Some changes in size, or their face will change into hideous one or will turn into a hideous sea creatures. " He rubs his pointed finger to his chin. "Hmm, what else? Oh! Just like yours, some part of the body will change in colors or with a symbol just to show that you have already an owner, " he added.

Lianne was just standing and listening to his words. "Oh, so that's what happened?"

Cilophyte just nodded. His face suddenly turned serious. "This is the dimension of the sea monsters in which the past shivered in fear because of us," he said.

Lianne clenched her fists. "Why?"

"Hindi niyo alam kung gaano kami naaapektuhan. Ano ba ang laban namin sa inyo?" She bursts in tears. She gnashed her teeth in anger and took a heavy sigh.

"That's how world works. Those weaklings will always suffer. It's the matter of survival. It is a process of life and death. You instill pain and fear like nothing because they are weak.  Human is the most weak and fragile creatures I know," he said.

"You're wrong!" she disagreed, wiping her tears away.

"I know. Throughout the years, you, humans had invented things that are out of our knowledge. " He went out from the water and walks heading to his throne.

"During the past, a sea fairy had a prophecy about how the world evolves along with the human. Just like what I said earlier." He looks at her seriously. "Most of you had forgotten about us. The new ones called us myths, something that is unreal and we remained like that because that is what the sea fairy wanted. To hide, to live in our own dimensions. The battle among sea monster to sea monster affects the human before and humans as our...foods."

Lianne felt another volt of fear within her body. She's trembling but she act tough in front of him. "Mga sea creatures naman kayo, bakit hindi mga sea creatures kainin niyo?"

"Hey! That was before we ate human. Humans are flesh as well. And you guys has the most tender me---" She didn't let him finish because she cut her off. "Stop that!"

He was stunned with her sudden outburst. "Okay. I will stop," he said, smiling to her. "Don't be scared. I don't want to hurt you. Kraken and I were not trying to hurt your people, it just that, we just wanted to go up to the surface." One of his tentacles reached her head and pat her like a pet.

Bigla siyang napaatras at tumili dahil nakakapanindig balahibo ito sa kaniya. "Huwag mo 'kong hawakan g-gamit niyan!"

Inalis niya agad ang kaniyang isang tentacle. "Sorry. Nakalimutan ko na hindi ka sanay na makakita ng ganito," he apologize.

"Buti alam mo. A-At isa pa, paano kung may makakita sa inyo mas makapangyariyan pa like mga kasapi sa marines or mga militar?"

"That's impossible. Hindi naman kami lumalagpas sa boundary. 'Yung lugar na may matataas na buildings. Pumupunta lang ako tuwing gabi upang pagmasdan mga iba't ibang ilaw na mula roon."

"You mean, the city lights," she said.

"Parang kasalanan pa naman na taga-isla lang kami ah na malayo sa siyudad," wika niya sa kaniyang isipan.

"Back to the topic, we ate humans, instill fear and pain to them. Ang higit  naaapektuhan sa lahat, kayo 'yon. Beside, we are not like that anymore. What century are we now?"

"T-Twenty-first c-century." She is still trembling in fear even her voice when he mentioned about how they enjoyed humans before. She is doubting already if she wanted to stay with him.

Nanlaki ang kaniyang mga mata. "Wow.  Time has gone by," he said, smiling to her. He noticed that she felt uneasy.

"Are there m-many sea monsters here?" she asked as she closes her eyes and took a sigh to calm herself.

"Yes. This is my world, Lianne. Welcome to my world in which you will be part of it as well" he said, smiling as he leaned on his stone chair while Lianne is just biting her lower lips and turn around him as she said in her mind, "Ano ba 'tong pinasok ko? Magiging pagkain ata ako ng mga halimaw rito!"