Memories

Four years earlier
He had witnessed his father die.
He had been thrown out by his mother.
He was only Eight when it happened.

Eltres awoke in the night, his tall ears pricking up. Shouts sounded from outside the house, and he ran outside to see what was going on. Eltres dashed outside in his nightclothes to see a mob of men standing around his house, each of them carrying staves and torches, and at the center of it all was Eltres' father, His Elven ears poking upward and his hair touching his shoulders.
"Get out of our town, elf!" A man shouted
"Your Elven magics have cursed as all! All my livestock 'ave gone and died since ye came!" A voice cried out
"Your responsible for the animal attacks, aren't you? I've heard Elves talk to beasts." another shouted. Eltres' father looked sad and tired. "Please, men, try to stay civil. My children are sleeping." he pleaded.
"Those half-breeds all have been a curse to us! Take your blasted children away and leave, or we'll be even less civil." A tall brawny man screamed.
"This is their home! And my wife is sick, she can't travel!" The elf reasoned.
"Your wife ain't one of you, she can stay. but you've got thirty seconds to make up your mind before I attack!" Another voice cried.
"No" Eltres' father shouted "I won't leave my wife. Now leave!" But instead of doing that, the mob simply charged.

An Elf died that night.
And a boy was thrown out.
Her mothers last words to him were "it's all your fault. I made a mistake when I married that Elf! Leave, half breed! You are no longer my child?!"

The Half elf left that night, never to return.