The Uniform

When Eltres awoke, the first thing he saw was Yeuric standing over him, holding some clothes. Eltres was in a bed in a small private room, and for an instant Eltres thought he was back home, before his father died.
"Alright lad, ye need outta those rags. Today, ye arr a business man! Go and bathe lad, no offense, but ye smell like the sewers." Yeuric said. His voice shook Eltres back into reality.
"Don't us Theives use the sewers to get around?" Eltres asked
"I'm not saying I don't smell like the sewers, I'm just saying ye smell, lad" Yeuric replied.
"Touché" Eltres replied.

After Eltres had bathed and changed into the clothes Yeuric gave him, He headed downstairs to the main floor of the drunken dolphin. There, Gorn had laid out breakfast.
"My own Mountain stew. A Mountain Dwarf traditional recipe, too" Gorn said in a rough voice to Eltres when he entered.
"Do you happen to have anything to drink?" Eltres asked.
"Water. Rootwater. Tea. I do have some alcohol, but your hardly the age for it." Gorn replied gruffly.
"Any Elven?"
"I've got Elven Rootwater"
"That's great."
Eltres grabbed a mug of his beverage from Gorn and tried to start a discussion.
"How's the work these days?" Eltres inquired
"Slow for me. I'm one of the guild bruisers. I intimidate, raid, and brawl for Sernon. I haven't been on a job for a week." Gorn replied.
"What kind of duties could I get?" Eltres asked.
"Bruiser. That's me. Or you could get shipped off to join Merkey's bandits. Or you may become a hunter. That's where you track people down that the guild has an interest in. Or maybe you'll be a good old fashioned theif. Or... you'll be a spy. That's what Sernon does." Gorn said
"Merkey? Is that the half-ogre in command of the bandit armies?" Eltres asked.
"Yes. He prefers 'Merk'" Gorn said. Eltres sipped his beverage when he heard footsteps descending down the stairs. Soon, Tern and Fler came into view, the halflings rubbing their eyes sleepily.
"Theirs news in the town. Since Lorta tried to invade, a delegation from Nordeland and the Silver Oak have arrived." Tern said "Soon we'll be caught up in this three way war. Dang."
"How do you know?" Gorn asked.
"I looked out my window. I could see the delegations arrive." Tern said.
"I had a dream about talking steak" Fler mumbled. Then he fell asleep on the floor. Tern and Gorn chuckled, and soon Eltres was doing so as well.
Then, Sernon descended the staircase.
"Alright. I've got a job for you. I want Yeuric to be point on this one, Tern, I want you to bring some lock picks. Gorn, you too. They'll need some brute force for this. In fact, take Eltres too. Corida and Fler will stay here. I'm heading out to see what this delegations all about. Suit up, and make it quick! Meet Yeuric in the armory for more details." Sernon ordered. Eltres, Gorn, and Tern dashed upstairs to a room labeled 'armory'. Gorn opened the door to reveal racks of weapons, spellbooks, and armor lined up against each other. Yeuric was inside, walking amongst the rows of weapons.
"Yer 'ere. Grab yer armor." Yeuric handed them each one suit of leather armor and a black cloak, all except Gorn who put on black chain armor. They all quickly changed and Yeuric said
"Pick two weapons and a spell book! No more than that!"
Eltres looked among the weapons to find a short sword and a longbow that he picked up and hung on his belt. He also grabbed a quiver with about sixty arrows in it. When he turned to spell books, one caught his eye. It was labeled 'summon'. He stuffed it in his pocket and presented himself to Yeuric.
"Good choice lad. We leave now." Yeuric said.