The day hell broke lose

"Hey Travis, I wanted to talk to you about something.." Sal mumbled just loud enough for Travis to hear. Travis stood there, unamused.

"What is it?" Travis blurted out.

Sal stood there and took a breath "Ive been thinking alot about you lately. And I think..I think I like y-"

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Travis opened his eyes tiredly. Turning off his alarm. He sat up, and recalled his dream "Why the hell was I dreaming about that loser again?" The more he thought about it, he felt his cheeks becoming warm and a slight smile grew across his face. He immediately stopped.

"What the hell am I doing? I'm not a sinner I can't think that faggot is cute or anything! It's wrong!!"

He got up, put on his sweater and shorts. Walking outside of his room he saw his father sitting at the kitchen table. Travis kept his head down as he sat at the table for breakfast. His mother was making simple eggs and toast.

"So..Travis, I have something I need to ask you about" Travis's father looked angrier than ever.

Travis gulped "Yes sir?" He shifted in his seat obviously uncomfortable.

His father pulls out a sheet of crumpled up paper. Travis freezes in fear. He could recognize that paper anywhere.

The small doodled star in the top corner, the rip on the bottom left. The handwriting. That was it. That was the note Travis wrote to Sal.

His father gets up and walks over to Travis. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Travis looks up at his father, scared out of his mind. He starts to wonder what a good excuse would be. Running all of the scenarios through his mind.

The next thing Travis feels is a hard slap across his face. He falls back out of his chair. Tears forming in his eyes.

"NO SON OF MINE IS GAY! NOR A FUCKING CRY BABY!" His father raises his hand about to strike Travis once more.

Travis quickly moves out of the way just in time. Stumbling out the door he started running. He didn't know where to. But he didn't care, he just wanted to get out of that dreadful house.

"DON'T YOU DARE THINK OF COMING BACK YOU FAGGOT!" His father slams the door.

Travis kept running. And he wasn't planning on stopping anytime soon.