The Gas Station

Travis found himself at a main road. It didn't look ro familiar but he knew he was still in town. He was exhausted, not to mention the growing pain forming on his cheek. As he walked down the side walk he gets a glimpse of his face in a car window.

"Fuck.." His right cheek was already turning a bit purple. And it was definitely swollen. He barely touched his cheek. The pain hurt so bad, not as bad as it could be. But still bad considering his father was a pretty big guy. No wonder it was so bad.

Travis continued to walk, keeping his head down. He shoves his hand in his pockets. He feels something in them though. He pulls out a 5 dollar bill.

"I am kinda hungry and thirsty.." he mumbles. He spots a Gas Station down the road. He sprints over to it. Not wanting to wait any longer for food than he has too.

He makes it inside. Making sure to not make eye contact with anyone there. He doesn't want any attention drawn to himself. He walks over and grabs a breakfast burrito and goes and looks at the drinks.

"Travis?" A familiar voice. Travis turns around quickly. He stands there staring at the blue haired boy.

He immediately snaps out of it. "What do you want SallyFace?" He crosses his arms.

Sal stands there staring at him. "What happened to your face?" Sal steps closer to Travis.

Travis doesn't move back. Why didn't he move away? He just stood there staring at Sals concerned blue eyes.

"I don't want your bullshit Travis, I want you to be honest. What happened to your face?"

Travis sighed knowing he's not going to get out of this. "My dad just got a bit upset, it's nothing to worry about I'm fine." Travis hesitated to explain more, but felt he might as well. "I just can't go back home right now so I was coming in here to get some food and stuff."

Sal stayed silent. The next thing Travis knew Sals arms were wrapped around him. He didn't know what to do. But eventually he accepted the hug.

Travis noticed that Sal smelled like weed and another smell. He couldn't quite name it. But Travis liked it, and he knows for a fact the weed is because of Larry.

The hug only lasted a few seconds but felt like forever for Travis. And he would never admit it. But he wished it was longer. He doesn't remember the last time he got a genuine hug.