6

RING

RING

'What?'

RING

You shot up.

RING

Slowly looked to the side. Finney sat up next to you. You both exchanged a look. Finney slowly got up. The phone stopped ringing. It seemed to be the middle of the night. It was really dark. The only light was coming from a small window. Finney picked up the phone and put it to his ear.

"It doesn't work."

You snapped your head over to the door. "Not sense I was a kid." he said again. "Hang it up." the lights came on. You stood up. "I know you're scared. Wanna go home." He said walking out from the door frame. "Don't worry. I'll take you both home soon."

He looked around. "Oh everything's all fucked up. I gotta be upstairs for a while. Someone's coming." he said, turning around. "What?" Finney asked. "Nevermind what." "Did.. Did someone see something?" you asked, taking a second. "Are the police coming?" Finney asked. "I-If you let us go before they get here we promise we won't tell." You pleaded. He laughed. "It's not the police." "Someone though." Finney said quietly. "Someone's coming." He said again. "We'll scream." "If someone's upstairs they'll hear us." You said. "They won't. Not with the door shut." He said. "He?" You and Finney questioned. The grabber did a low growl. "With the door shut. No one will hear anything down here. I sound proofed it myself." He said, sounding proud. "So shout if you like, you won't bother anyone." He continued grabbing the door. "You're the one that got the others.." you said, stepping forward. "Bruce. Robin. Griffin." your brother's name came out of your mouth quietly. The grabber slowly walked towards you. "That wasn't me. That was someone else." He said. You shook your head. "I will never make you do something you won't-" He stopped himself short. Finney walked up beside you. "Like.." He continued. "If you try to touch me I'll scratch your face." You said looking at him with a disgusted face. He did a little laugh.. "A-And whoever's coming will ask why." you finished. He looked up at the ceiling bringing his hands up towards his face. "This face?" he questioned. "Hang up the phone now." He said to Finney. Finney slowly turned around walking back to put the phone away. Your eyes were glued to the man. He let out a shaky breath.

"Not as good as it used to be." He said. "Creepiest damn thing. I think it's static electricity that does it." He said, referring to the phone when it rings. "I once picked it up without thinking. Thinking it was ringing. To see if anyone was there." He finished. "Was there?" Finney questioned. He shook his head no. "No." He said gravely. He walked back towards the door. Closing it without looking back. The lock clicked loudly.

Finney walked to the middle of the room. "HELP!" he yelled, stretching the p making it last longer. You picked up on what he was doing. "HELP! PLEASE!" you yelled after him. Pleading that someone would hear. "HELP!" minute after minute you both yelled. Hoping. No. pleading that someone would hear. You both yelled until you lost your voice. You started crying. Still yelling that someone would hear. Finney stopped yelling and walked over to the window. He jumped. He grabbed the edge with one hand then fell again. He jumped again. Fell. "Finney." you said walking over to him. He quickly walked over to the mattress. He tried moving it. Didn't work. "Stop. Stop. Stop it." He said to himself. "If anyone could've broke that window they would've broke it." he said. "Robin would've done it." You both said. He said down on the mattress. You walked over and sat down next to him. "We're not getting out of here." He said. "I'm not getting out of here." he said. "Don't say that." you said. He turned to look at you. "You gotta have hope, Finney." You said. Honestly, once you woke up down here you thought you were gonna die down here.

RING

The phone rang.

RING

It rang again.

You and Finney quickly stood up and walked over to the phone.

RING

Finney took a step back.

RING

He answered it.

"Hello?"

He was about to put the phone back but brought it back to himself.

"Hello?"

Silence.

He slowly hung up the phone.

You put a hand on his shoulder. He turned around, slowly until he was facing you. He walked forward. Wrapping his arms around you. You brought your hand to the back of his head, you other wrapping around him.

You looked up at the ceiling. Finney was laying next to you. He was asleep. Your hands were intertwined. You brought your free hand to your face.

"I'm sorry Griffin.." You whispered.

word count - 810