8

HELLO!! I'm very sorry that i haven't uploaded in a long time

HELLO!! I'm very sorry that i haven't uploaded in a long time. i've been very busy with my dance team. i'm going to try to upload more chapters!

Finney was digging in the spot that Bruce told them to. The tile was cracked. It layed next to you as you sat on the edge of the hole keeping a lookout.

It was like Finney was digging for hours. Dirt was everywhere. His shirt was caked in it. So was yours. You helped him dig while he took a break. Finney climbed out of the hole. He grabbed some dirt that was on the floor and walked over to the toilet. He dropped the dirt in and flushed it down. He grabbed one of the big tarps, and walked over to you. He quickly unrolled it and draped it over the hole. You smoothing it out. The tarp was the exact length of the hallway. And the exact with. Finney stood up next to you. He slowly moved his hand away from his side to yours. He slowly grabbed your hand. You immediately grabbed his hand. Not taking your eyes off of the tarp. Finney led both you and him over to the bed.

Everything felt like a blur to Gwen. The school was having an assembly but she couldn't hear anything that they were saying. It was all muffled to her. There were police officers there. And some parents that weren't her's or Maya's. Everyone turned to look at Gwen. Her gaze didn't move from the wall as she fought back tears.

Finney was sitting against the wall. His knees up to his chest as he bit his nails watching the phone. You right next to him. You fought back tears as you looked at the phone. You hugged your knees closer to your chest. The door suddenly opened, alerting Finney and you from your positions. Finney shot up, grabbing your arm in the process. He backed both of you up into a wall. Your eyes focused on the door.

The door opened revealing the grabber with a tray. "I made you some breakfast." He said, stepping into the room. "What'd you put in that?" Finney asked. Finney's voice was calm. The grabber looked at the tray then back at you both. "Salt and pepper." He did a small giggle as he put the tray on the floor. "Oh eat it, don't eat it." He paused. "You're already down here." you stepped back. Tears clouded your vision as you stared at the man. "What do I need to brug you both for." He walked towards the door. He closed it. But not all the way. Finney looked back at you then towards the tray of food. You felt sick. You felt like if you ate something you would throw it up. You took a step back again. He was right. You both were already down there. Your back hit the wall. Tears spilled from your eyes as you sank down to the floor. A small sob escaped your lips. Finney slowly walked over to the door. Passing the tray of food. He grabbed the handle. He slowly opened the door.

RING

Finney wiped his head around to the phone. You quickly stood up but tripped over your feet as you tried to move. You landed on your butt looking up at the phone. More tears escaped your eyes as Finney moved past you and grabbed the phone.

"Hello?"

"Don't go up stairs."

Finney turned around and looked at the door. Finney looked down at you. His gaze turned into a soft and sincere look.

"Why not?"

You slowly got to your feet and walked over to Finney.

"It's a trap."

"Are you.. Are you Bruce?"
Finney felt sad looking at Maya. He hated seeing her like this. Even in the situation that there in, he couldn't help the feelings he had for the blond girl. He grabbed her hand, and gave it a squeeze.

"Who's Bruce?"

"I.. I was just talking to Bruce.."

Finney turned around.

"I don't know any Bruce."

"He's the baseball player."

"We don't play baseball here."

"Who are you?'

You turned your head to the side to see a boy. You jumped back letting go of Finney's hand. The boy had a bleeding cut across his face. His clothes were dirty and stained with blood. His eyes looked bloodshot.

"Billy" you whispered. The boy looked over at you. His bloodshot eyes looking into your blue ones.

"I don't remember."

"Did you play soccer? Football?"

"I delivered newspapers."

"Billy."

The boy looked back over at Finney.

"Your Billy Showwalter."

"Maybe."

"No. your BIlly!"

"Do. not. Go. upstairs."

"What is he doing?"

"He's waiting. On the other side with a fucking belt. He didn't say you could leave. So if you try, he'll punish you. He'll beat with his belt until you pass out. It hurts kid. It hurts real bad. You'll cry. You'll beg him to stop."

Billy walked behind Finney and walked to the other side of the room. His back turned.

"We all did."

Your heart stopped.

Bruce begged him to stop.

Billy begged him to stop.

Griffin begged him to stop.

Tears fell from your eyes as you thought about your little brother begging the man to stop hitting him more. It was like you could hear his screams echo in your head.

"But he just keeps beating you."

The phone hung up.

"Hello?'

"Hello?'

Finney turned around to look at the phone. He hung up the phone.

"Finney." your voice came out as a small whimper.

"Stay here." He said as he walked over to the door. "Finney stop." You choked up on your words. Seeing how Billy was acting and how he described what the grabber can do, you didn't want Finney to go up there. You didn't want him to have the same fait her brother did. She heard the door open. She snapped her head over to Finney. "Finney please." You pleaded. But he didn't listen. He was quietly going up the stairs. More and more tears flooded your face as you shank down to the floor. You cried as you thought of him being beat. The screams from Griffin crept back into your head. Getting louder and louder. You put your hands over your ears as you shook your head. "No. stop." you sobbed. You could hear him screaming for you. He was screaming your name over and over again. "MAYA! MAYA! MAYA! Maya! Maya!" the screams faded out to hear Finney calling your name. He was crouched in front of you. You slowly took your hands away from your head and looked at him. His face was filled with worry. "Are you ok?" You whipped the tears away from your face. "Yeah..Yeah I'm fine." "I saved you some food." He said looking over at the tray. "I'm not hungry." You whispered looking at the floor.

Gwen couldn't focus in class. She kept falling asleep hoping that she could get another vision.

word count- 1177