Kates Story

Luke gets back from his 'waz' to find Caroline and Kate crying in sync.
"Babes! Whats wrong?" luke asked.
"Kate was just telling me her story. Its so sad and inspiring. Its amazing how much just a seventeen year olds words can inspire you."
Luke looked puzzled. 17? He thought. "Your seventeen darlin?"
"Yes sir, i am." she replied, quiet but sweet.
"Wow! Your such a beautiful young lady!"
"As you can probably tell, i dont really belive it," she said slowly pulling up her sleeve to reveal scars upon scars on her arm. "My mom kicked me out when i was 13. My dad had died when i was 10. My.relationship with my mom had gone down hill, way down hill after that. She told me i was worthless and that she didnt.like me.and that i was just a whiny ugly.stupid brat and that no one in the world.would ever love me. She would beat me up. Call me names. Throw things at me. It was a bad life and i had to live it. Oneday, she said she didnt want me anymore and to get my ass out of her house. So i did. Thats the day when i started self harming. I would use broken glass i found on the street. Oneday," luke and Caroline were both crying really hard. " oneday, someone offered me a job," she continued. " it was a small job, but i still got paid and i got food Everyday. Everyday i would go to their house and rake leaves,or a small job like that. Even though i got paid everday, i saved up until i had enough to buy an ipod. When i got the ipod, i illegally downloaded luke bryan music, because obviously i didnt have enough to pay for and ITunes card. Lukes music inspired me so much. It encouraged me not to kill myself so many times. So many times. I tried to save up enough to get tickets, but i never could get enough money for one. It was tough living like that on my own. I would always go and exercise. I would go swimming at the lake, and thats.how. i ended up at your doorstep. Im so glad i did too. im so glad i got taken in by the best family in the world. Im so blessed. Thank all. So much." she finished.
"Kate, im so amazed at you. You are such a brave and outgoing girl. You are welcome to come to any of my concerts. Just tell me if you wanna go. Im so glad you came to my doorstep. " luke told kate.
"Kate, if you ever wanna talk, or get something off your chest, come to me. Not your arm. I care way to much for that to happen ever again. " Caroline said barley able to talk from crying so much.

All in tears, they gave a group hug.

FLAAH FORWARD 1 WEEK, kate still in the hospital:
The doctor came in with some big news.

AUTHORS NOTE: i feel like its getting better! Sorry about this chapter, it really pulls at your heart strings. I cried just writing it. Any ways,.CLIFF HANGER. HA. ~author