prologue- friends forever

daisy (6 years old)

"you can't catch me!" i yell running from the boy who was chasing me.

"i'm gonna get you diasy!" he yells.

i giggle and continue running as fast as i can. i can hear him behind me and laugh harder. i turn and run further into the woods behind my house.

"get back here, you runt!" he screams while laughing.

i turn my head and look back at him. he is closer than i expected. i scream and run faster until my foot gets caught on a root and i fall face first into the dirt. i scrap my knees and my hands. i instantly start to cry. it hurts so much!

"daisy!" the boy calls as he kneels next to me. "are you okay?"

"kookie! it hurts so much!" i cry.

"it's okay, runt. i'll take you back to your mom."

he helps me onto his back and he carries me home while i cry into the back of his neck.

we get back to the house and my mom hears me crying and comes outside.

"jungkook, what happened?" she asks him.

"we were running and she tripped over a root and fell. she's okay. she just scrapped her hands and knees." he explains.

"come here, sweetheart. we'll get these all cleaned up and then you guys can have some ice cream okay?" my mom says taking me from jungkook.

i continue to cry and jungkook comes over to me. "please stop crying, daisy. you're making me sad."

i look at him and see him poking his bottom lip out really far and it makes me laugh.

"that's better runt." he says affectionately.

once my scraps are all clean, my mom gives us ice cream and we sit outside on the swingset to eat it.

"you're my best friend kookie!" i say with a face smeared with ice cream.

"you too, runt!" he says back.

jungkook (12 years old)

walking into the school, i see my friend, daisy, standing with a bunch of boys. this makes me mad. she is only 10 and no boys need to be near here.

"daisy! come here!" i call out as i get a little closer.

she turns and smiles at me. the boys hang around until she hugs me and i glare at them. they scatter, knowing that i am very protective of daisy.

"daisy why are you hanging out with boys? you know that boys are bad." i say, holding her by her shoulders.

"kook, you are a boy!" she says smiling brightly at me.

"okay but you are not suppose to be hanging out with other boys." i say sternly.

i am this protective of her because, much to my dismay, daisy has developed early and does not look like a 10 year old. i have heard the boys talking about her and know the things they are capable of.

she brushes it off and grabs my hand as i walk her to her first class. "bye, kookie. have a good day!" she says and hugs me again.

throughout the day, i see her occasionally in the hallway. she always smiling brightly at me and waves when she sees me. she has been my best friend since we were babies. we are as close and siblings. i love her. i want nothing more than keep her protected.