12

It was already evening. Me, Murray and Enzo were still outside.
- Good news my friends! - said Yuri - Katinka is feeling better! Shall we try again?
- Sure, why not - laughed Murray. But it was a fake laugh. - Asshole - he muttered to himself.

Yuri started the helicopter, but the sound it made was terrible. I said this as a pilot. But even a normal person could tell that this wasn't good.
- Hey! Stop it! YURI! STOP IT! - I started running towards the smuggler, next to me were my other two companions, who also shouted at him to stop.

But the engine was still running and Yuri didn't look like he heard us. Murray slammed the lever, and Yuri's head snapped up.
- Hey! Get your hands off her, you half-wit! - the smuggler shouted at him.
- You want to ruin it, huh? So that we get caught again and you get your reward, huh?
- Come on, what do you chicken brains know? Are you engineers now?!

- This sound does not mean good - Enzo joined the discussion.
- Just the opposite! The noise you hear is "iiii". A very good sign! - Yuri tried to convince us.
- Good sign, huh? - Murray was getting more and more angry.
- Yes! My women make noises when I please them. You don't know what it's like, don't you?
- You get bitches? - I raised my eyebrows.
- There are things you don't know about me. You wanna know why? - he smirked. That was the last straw. I already enough of Yuri, but now I wanted to kick him up to the Sun. - For people like me, who know what to touch where, - he would have finished what he was saying, but I interrupted him.

- When can we leave? - I asked, but he didn't answer. Instead, he started the helicopter and continued fixing it. Then Joyce appeared in her new outfit.
- The phone. They called us back.

---

- Then I half-way managed to convince her that I was alive, she started to open up, but then she said that "I'm afraid the doctor is now indisposed", - Hopper recounted what happened in the call.
- "Indisposed"? - I looked at him.
- There's worse than that. He said the doc was with the girl and they went to fight some evil in Hawkins. She can't reach them. Not the girl, not the doctor, not anyone - added the police chief.

- And the girl, of course... is El - Murray said.
- Is she your daughter, American? - Enzo turned to Hopper and he nodded.
- I'm not finished yet - Jim continued what he had to say - Joyce's children are also with her.

At this, everyone turned their heads towards the mother sitting not far from us.
- Okay - Murray broke the silence - I can see that the mood is depressed, which is completely understandable. But... I think we have to consider the possibility that this mysterious woman is actually a KGB agent - Murray told us a possibility.

- No - Joyce joined in the conversation - The woman told the truth. When we visited the lab, we saw the particles come to life. And if they come alive, that means a gate has opened in Hawkins!
- Gate? What does this mean? - Enzo looked confused.
- That we have to get home immediately. What's taking him so long anyway?! - Hopper started towards the window to see what Yuri was doing all this time. - He said he was about to finish!

- Yes, about to finish sabotaging us - Murray went after him.
- We think he wants to betray us again - Enzo also appeared next to him.
- Then let's hold a gun to his head! - Hopper suggested.
- What does that help? He'll just keep lying - I walked over to them.
- Not that it matters - Murray tells Jim - If it's true that the children are in immediate danger, even if we were to leave right now, we wouldn't get there until late tomorrow afternoon at the earliest.
- We don't have to go back there. Not tonight. Whatever this evil is, we know it is connected to the hive mind. And now we also know that a part of it is here with the Soviets! We don't have to go back to Hawkins to help! - Joyce appeared.

- We just have to destroy the particles - Hopper realized.
- And if we're lucky, we can do enough damage with it to make the kids come out on top.

- Time out - Murray raised his hands. - Are we talking about the particles that are in the prison, the prison from which we just managed to escape?!
- It succeeded - Hopper looked at him.
- We can't go back! The entire Soviet army is trying to hunt us down! - Murray complained.
- Yes, and they won't count on that! I informed him.
- Okay, but there is a difference between bravery and stupidity! And this falls strongly into the latter category! It's like we're playing "Dirty Twelve", but there are only five of us! - he complained.
- No. Only four of us. Breaking in will be easier than escaping, but we'll need the helicopter. And that's where you come in - Hopper turned to Enzo. - I don't care how, but get Yuri in line so we can take off!

- All right - Enzo left us there.
- Yuri has mentioned a flamethrower, right? - said Joyce, whom I had forgotten about for a moment. Hopper opened a chest that contained a large flamethrower.
- Oh yeah, that'll do - Hopper picked up the flamethrower.

---

We were all now getting in the van, ready to go, when Enzo addressed me.
- Эй... (hey) Try not to get eaten by the monsters, Америка (america) - he looked in my eyes, completely serious.
- You know i can protect myself. You can trust me - I told him.
- I trust you. Unlike the other guards. And those monsters.
- Are you coming or we should leave you here, Y/N? - Murray spoke from the drivers seat. Yes, he was driving again, and this time, I was in the passenger seat.
- Bye Enzo - I climbed in my seat, I buckled my seatbelt, and Murray drove off.

- Пока, Америка! (bye America!) - he shouted, hoping she will hear it - Не умирай (don't die)... - he muttered the last part to himself.