• t w o •

Y o u r P O V

Y o u r P O V

I stare starstruck seeing him standing in front of me, all wet from the rain.

"Mom, who is that?" Rina yelled in the background. I saw how Rindou's face lighten up as he heard her voice.

I blinked at him, not knowing what to answer. I am too astounded to see him that the cat got my tongue.

"Can I come inside?"

"Y-yeah."

I opened the door to the well-suited man and let him enter the unit. My heart starts to beat fast. Why is he here? How did he find us?

As I turned around, I saw him waiting and looking at me. I just nodded and walked toward him.

When we reached inside, Rina immediately looked up and the moment she saw who it was, she made the same reaction as mine.

"Dad?"

I blinked once again. Did I just hear it right? I gulped as I glanced at Rindou who also looks surprised. Both of us were obviously taken aback by our daughter.

"Hello, dad." Rina stand and walked toward him while wearing a warm smile. I only watch the moment building between them.

"Rina," He muttered as he search for her eyes. He's being soft and gentle now, very far from the Rindou Haitani I once knew.

"I'll go get you a towel," I cut them off as I immediately leave them and run to the bedroom. I am too confused about everything.

As soon as I got inside, I took a deep breath and then heave a sigh.

"I can't believe it. He's really here. Rindou's here."

I ran my palms over my face as I closed my eyes to regain my senses. I don't know what to do and I'm beginning to feel nervous.

I left the bedroom, still amused by the abrupt happenings. They turned to look at me as I stand awkwardly.

"Where's the towel, mom?"

-

We were all sitting at the dining table. Rindou insisted at first but still ended up eating with us.

The table was silent and the sound of the utensils touching the plate was the only noise we can hear. It was still a shock for me and my daughter that he was here with us.

"So, uhm, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm fine. How about you both?" He looked between me and Rina.

"We're doing great. Rina is busy with her studies while I'm busy managing our cafe."

Rindou smiled. "That's good to know."

The conversation ended too soon and we continue to finish our meal. I've been meaning to talk to him, alone. Everything is so sudden and it's giving me a hard time thinking straight.