• t h r e e •

Y o u r  P O V

Y o u r  P O V

It was the day of Rina's pictorial. I woke up feeling a little dizzy because of crying last night. Now that I remembered it, I can't help but feel embarrassed. I bet I look so dramatic in front of Rindou.

I was interrupted by the heavenly scent of pancakes. My face turned into a frown. I then remembered Rindou. I took my robe and covered to my body before leaving my room.

I tried to creep into the kitchen and what I saw almost give me a heart attack. Rindou was holding a cup of coffee while he waits for the pancakes to cook. I can't say that it didn't turn me on because he really did turn me on.

 I can't say that it didn't turn me on because he really did turn me on

artwork from @ Kumo_toxic on twitter

His eyes widened when he saw me watching him. I hugged my robe tighter as I enter the kitchen.

“Good morning, (y/n). Did I wake you up?” He greeted with a soft smile on his lips.

“Good morning. No, you didn't. I usually wake up at this time too,” I smiled.

“Great! I just made some pancakes–”

“Pancakes!”

Our heads immediately turned when we heard Rina's sudden outburst. She made her way to us, wearing her cute pajamas and a grin on her morning face.

”Good morning, sweetheart.”

She greeted me back with a matching kiss on the cheek. Then, she turned to Rindou and greets him. She is still making herself comfortable when it comes to her father.

“Did you make the pancakes, dad?”

Rindou smiled and nodded. Rina's smile grew wide as she take her seat. Rindou gave her a plate of two pancakes that looks perfectly made.

“Wow, mom can't even make it into a perfect circle.”

I playfully gave her a look. “Did you just say that mommy is bad at making pancakes?”

“No, mom! Please, don't be jealous.” Rina laughed and I joined her too.

“And here's for you,” Rindou placed my breakfast and coffee in front of me.

“Rindou, you don't have to. I can get on my own,” I gently said.

“But I wanted to,” He smiled and it made me blush.

I'm still not used to this side of him. It's all new to me and the mixed feelings that it gives me are making me difficult to ease.

“Thank you.”

It was the first breakfast we had as a whole family and I can't express my feelings about it. Rina looks like she doesn't mind either as she was happily munching her food, making such comments about how good it was every minute.

I had a broken family since I was 10 when we lost my dad so I never got to experience anything like this, eating with a complete family. I got used to it that it didn't bother me anymore.

“Dad, how did you learn to make such great pancakes?” Rina asked out of curiosity.

“I learned from watching tutorials and by reading books too because your uncle Ran had already burnt two of our kitchens from before,” Rindou explained.

Rina laughed at the thought. “And I thought that uncle Ran is better than anyone.”

I silently watch as the two of them share a moment. It's been just a day of having Rindou here and I already saw the sudden change in Rina's mood.

It's not like she's not happy having only me but she does look more vibrant now that her father is here.

I don't know what she's exactly feeling but I can tell how pure her happiness is through her eyes.

“Speaking of Ran, where is he by the way?”

Rindou's smile disappeared when he heard my question. He slowly turned his head to look at me.

“He's...not with me.”

I frowned. Knowing how they never leave each other's side, made me think if something happened between them.

“Oh, today is Rina's pictorial, right? You should be going.”

“But the dishes–”

“Leave it to me.”

Is he trying to avoid my question? I tried to read his eyes but he eventually looked away from me.

“Do you want to go with us, dad?” 

Before I even speak, Rindou abruptly answered the question.

“Baby, as much as I want to, daddy had some business to do.”

There was a hint of sadness on Rina's face. I turned to have a look at Rindou and found how bothered he was. I understand how famous his name is in Japan and we can't guarantee the safety of his identity even though he's in New York. But why does he look agitated over something?

“Is something wrong?” I ask.

“No, don't worry,” He reassuringly smiled.

“Well, we're going now. Thank you for the amazing breakfast.”

I stood up and walked behind him to pat him on his shoulder. He pats my hand back. It was the least I could do.

“Bye, dad! Thanks for the pancakes,” Rina added.

“No problem, baby,” He messed with her beautiful and silky locks that earns us a giggle.

I give him one last look before leaving the dining area to prepare Rina for her pictorial. I know there is something wrong between him and Ran, or maybe even with Bonten.

Knocking on my door alone by himself with no luggage or something, I know there's something off. 

Rindou may be good at everything but he is bad at hiding from me.

3 r d  P e r s o n ’ s  P O V

As soon as Rindou was all left alone, he can't help but heave out a sigh. He was irritated with his phone which keeps on vibrating due to messages.

C'mon, Rin. You can't hide from me forever.

Rindou throw his phone at the wall the moment he read the message. He closed his eyes to calm himself down and took a breath.

“Fuck this.”

”