• f o u r •

Y o u r  P O V

Rina just finished her photoshoot and the results are exquisite. Judging the expression and tone of Mr. Jones, I can tell that he surely loves the pictorial.

“My, my, Rina, you are such a talent!” He praised as we scroll through the pictures.

“I would definitely love to work with you  and your lovely daughter again!”

Rina squealed in excitement after hearing the news. I smiled at Mr. Jones and nodded.

“We would also love that, especially my daughter here.”

“That's great! I can already see your future, young lady,” He ruffled Rina's hair making her giggle.

“Well, it's a wrap-up. I'll email you the copies of her pictures.”

We said our goodbyes to Mr. Jones and the staff and then left.

“Do you have fun today, sweetheart?” I asked her while I fix her seatbelt.

“I had so much fun today, mom! I even got this dress from Mr. Jones!” She pointed at the flowy, and lacy summer clothing she was wearing.

“It fits you so well.”

“I just wish daddy is here so he can witness everything.”

Rina stares quietly at the window as we pass through the city. I glanced at her and sighed. It still wonders how she accepted Rindou after the bitter ending with him in Japan.

She was just a child who deserves happiness and peaceful life. But because of my senseless decisions and thinking, I feel like I took it all away from her.

“Honey, mommy wanted to ask you a question.”

She turned her head to look at me and I was once again greeted by her innocent eyes that resembles mine.

“Go ahead, mom.”

“It's about your daddy Rindou. Aren't you mad at him anymore?”

She looked down at her hands as she fidgets with them.

“I never hated him in the first place, mom. I'm just sad because why didn't you introduce him to me and have daddy Takashi instead?”

It had me choking on my own. I never thought about this when I made those decisions in the past. I never really had a good word to reason with her because I never looked at the possible effects it will take.

I just dragged Mitsuya into my problem because it hurts me to see her seeking a father. I know it's fucked up but I promise to do anything to make her happy.

“Mommy will tell you her reasons once you grow up and can understand the situation, okay?”

“Why? Did daddy do something bad to you before, mom?”

I stopped the car to collect my senses. My breathing is becoming unsteady and the more this conversation will keep on going, the more I will find myself remembering the unpleasant past.

I looked at her, she stare at me with so much confusion as she waits for an answer.

I shook my head and smiled, “N-no... It's just...”

I can't finish my sentence and just sighed. I don't know how to make up the words I will say.

I felt her soft and small hands touch my almost trembling one.

“It's okay if you don't want to tell me, mom. Whatever it is, I know daddy is still a good guy because he came back to us now.”

A tear can't hold itself anymore as it fell from my eye. I quickly pulled her into a tight, and warm embrace.

This is what makes me cry every time Rina shows me that I am loved and cared for by her.

Raising a child on their own is difficult but that doesn't stop every single parent to make their child feel the love that they deserve.

“I love you so much, Rina.” I caressed her cheeks and run my fingers through her hair.

“I love you too, mom.”

We finally got home. At first, I had this thought that once we enter, we will find no one.

But I was wrong.

“Dad!”

I saw Rina taking her run towards Rindou who was sitting on the couch while reading some magazine.

“Hello, darling. How was your day?”

He lifted her and then place her on his lap. Rina giggled as she start to talk with him.

“It was awesome! Mr. Jones will email the pictures to mommy later. I would love you to see it, dad.”

“I'm excited to see it.”

They shared a smile. It was a very precious moment to see. I walked as quietly as I can to prevent disturbing their time but that did not work obviously.

“(y/n),”

I turned around to face Rindou and raised my eyebrows.

“I want to take you and Rina out for dinner, only if you want.”

My eyes moved to Rina and she was wiggling her eyebrows again as if it was her habit.

“Okay, that sounds fun.”

Rindou's lips curled into a smile just as his violet eyes sparkle.

“Thank you, (y/n).”

We stare at each other, both waiting for someone who would look away only to find no one would dare to do it.

“Ahem, can I have dad's attention now, mom?”

I muffled a laugh as Rindou just shakes his head. I left the living room and went straight to my bedroom but before I close the door, I peek at them.

Watching the two creates a smile on my face. I have never imagined Rindou to be the man he was right now.

“What if, Rindou really loved me?”

If he didn't care about me and Rina, he wouldn't be here, right?

“Ugh, these thoughts will never really leave me the fuck alone.”

”