Chapter 28 - Purse

Arsalan

"Awwww Arsalan! I told you you'd end up falling for her!" Ian said.

Ian was car-sharing with me today, which was good because I could talk to him properly on the way back. We haven't talked in a good few days properly at least, but I know that with him everything I tell him whether it's on the phone or in person, he always understands and always knows how to help.

But of course not before teasing me about little things like this. I had called him not only to pick him up for Jummu'ah, but halfway through Hiba texted yes to Dubai.

My Hiba. I was still in awe of her, but I snapped out of it to continue my conversation.

"Bro please, this is a dilemma! How am I supposed to get her to see that maybe- no, that she will love being my wife, being in my family? That she won't hurt anyone? I mean, I know we have like a day or two in Dubai where we're not working, but what good will that do? This girl, normally she says one thing but her eyes man-"

"-her eyes are saying something else. Yeah, I know what you mean." He said cutting me off quietly.

"Exactly! Wait how did you-"

"-Not important, but you're picking me up right? So here's what we're gonna do." He said, still keeping me suspicious.

*20 minutes later*
I arrived at the Akram household once again today, this time with Ian in the car. Ammu had informed me that Hiba was feeling well enough to come to Jummah with us. She, Aliha and Ahmad were going in one car whilst Ammu was coming with me and Ian.

The ladies all walked out of the house one by one, followed by Ahmad locking the door. Hiba had put on a nice full white outfit today, ideal for winter. Ammu had on a green abaya complemented by a beige hijab, and Aliha had a black outfit with a red hijab on.

Hiba went to my window first though.

"Seems we both have good taste in cars huh?" She said, and I think she was giving me a big grin from her eyes, and a wink that sent my emotions flying.

Those eyes. I had to look away before I found myself once again mesmerised by them.

"We?" I questioned.

"Yes, that's my car that Ahmad pulled out. I chose the colour and everything myself! I only properly got my licence the other day so now I'm finally able to drive it!" She replied, making something inside me so happy that I have one more thing in common with her!

"Wow, mashallah it's a really nice car!" Ian replied, breaking the slight silence between us that was forming when I looked back to her eyes.

Those deep deep eyes that could contain a thousand wonders.

She said her salaam to Ian, to which she followed with "Ooh Ian, I need to talk to you about something later if that's ok? It's reeeeeaally important!"

Who was this girl now? It's like her mood changed today, back to when we were at that gate last night. Playful and funny... with beautiful eyes to match...

'Oh my- calm down Arsalan!' I thought to myself, and I snapped out of my wonder.

Ammu got into my white Defender and Ian looked into the mirror to see Aliha getting into a black one behind me.

(Photos for visualisation purposes)

"Aliha isn't coming with us this week?" He asked, with a hint of worry on his face.

Strange really, because he never cares for her, in fact as far as I know they practically hate each other's guts. But hey I didn't think anything of it.