001

𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙧

The light around them seemed to darken, leaving nothing but smoke rising into the air. Canons had been fired at the palace, causing an explosion to erupt. Everyone watched as it fell, almost nobody being able to escape. All that was left was the King and his child, Sebastian Hendrix - otherwise known as Bass.

Bass ran as fast as he could to escape the castle, his heart racing as the building started to collapse. Once he was out, the entire palace seemed to fall down before him. He dropped to his knees, the flames engulfing the fallen palace. He began to sob, reaching his hands up into his hair as he cried out in anger. His mother and sister had failed to escape, both dying in the treacherous scene.

He slowly came to a stand and began looking for his father, making himself aware of the dangers happening around him. The witches were starting to take over, killing any civilian in the royal kingdom who even glanced upon them. Their powers were too dangerous, too evil to ever be allowed back in this kingdom again.

Peace had never been an answer amongst them, has it?

Breaking into a sprint, he spotted his father being taken away by the medical aids. "Hey! Wait!" He shouted as he chased after them, only to be shot directly in the back of his leg. He had ran into crossfire, shot by his own people. He collasped on the floor, bursting out in screams of pain.

Canons once again started firing in the kingdom, this time aiming for the civilians. Bass took a few deep breaths before slowly standing, his legs shaking from underneath him. He slowly turned, rage exploding on his face. He denied his medical attention and instead began to limp over to the army.

He looked at the military commander and wiped the sweat off his brows. He shoved him to the ground and took over the royal canons. He squinted his eyes and fired at a witch who was floating in the air, his hands glowing a light green color. Bass hit the witch directly in the stomach, causing the evil before him to fall to his death in one of the trenches. Bass then just fired and fired, exploding anything in the vicinity that contained witches.

They started this war and he was going to finish it.

𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚

The woods glowed underneath the sun, making it a wonderful day to go out and pick some berries. Atticus had ventured all the way to the wall, staring up at the 10feet barrier in front of him. It was the very barrier that seperated the kingdom and the witches woods. It was to keep all witches out due to the war that broke out amongst them several years earlier.

However, Atticus had big plans to venture on the other side and bring peace amongst their people again. There was peace once before so it shouldn't be impossible to restore it.

"He doesn't understand you, Josiah. Nobody does."

The words were spoken from the opposite side, causing a small grin to be placed on Atticus' face. He decided to keep listening, wondering if he could hear anything interesting. Josiah was the name of the prince, meaning the all-mighty was on the other side of that wall.

"Is it really impossible to bring up anything to that man?"

The prince's father was Sebastian Hendrix, the very king who helped win the war all those years ago against the witches. Atticus' own father was in the war, desperately trying to protect his son. However, the war seemed to leave a mark on both of the veterans. Atticus' father grew abusive and, as it seems, Josiah's grew to be an asshole.

"Hey!" Atticus called, stopping to press his hands against the wall. "Josiah, right? The Prince Of Shelby Kingdom!" He spoke in sort of a mocking voice, making fun of the way royalty people tended to speak.

Atticus could hear Josiah's feet stop moving in the grass, hesitating to speak. "Witch," Josiah spoke in the same tone Atticus used to make fun of him, "you are a vile creature and I refuse to make conversation with you."

The response made Atticus grin, feeling himself grow into sort of a teasing kind of mood. "Well you're doing it right now. Also this witch has a name. Atticus," he spoke as he found himself introducing himself to the prince.

It wasn't everyday he found himself doing this. His days usually consisted with having threesomes with men in his bed before his family could come back home from long trips. They never offered to take him anywhere so it made for good time. Really good time.

"Well, Atticus, as I said I do not wish to speak with you," the prince spoke again.

However, it wasn't long before they started to make conversation with each other. Despite both being from complete opposite worlds, they found themselves chatting from opposite sides of the wall built to divide them.

Atticus had his back pressed against his wall, his knees rising to his chest. The two spoke about almost everything  ranging from their shit parents to their shit lives. He had learned more about the prince than the stories that were often told at campfires. Humans - or the royals - were the scary stories parents told their kids at night. Josiah, however, seemed different. Despite that stick up his ass, he enjoyed conversing with him.

However all that ended when he glanced up to see his mother slowly making her way over to him. "Atticus! What are you doing here? Your father is looking for you and he's not- he's not happy."

The bruise on the side of his mother's face told him the conversation with his father was not going to be pretty.

What happened to the man who he used to be? The man before the war? His mother told such nice stories about him sometimes. Where did that man go?

He heard the prince leave on the other side of the wall, his heavy shoes making distant sounds in the grass. Atticus then stood, nodding towards his mother as he followed her into Hell.

He was definitely leaving this place.

Tonight.