007

𝘞𝘪𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘢 𝘚𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦

It had gotten releatively dark outside and Winona had only sat on the other side of wall, never moving towards the palace gates. She stared at her bloody hands, shaking as she just realized what she had done. She has never killed anyone before. She got angry at the way Jack had treated her and her kids, it happened only at the heat of the moment. Shaking, she pressed her head against the wall behind her.

Footsteps slowly approached and Winona remained staring at the sky until she felt a hand on her knee. Jumping slightly, she glanced up at a woman crouched in front of her. She had a golden tiara placed on her long wavy red hair, her gown was the color of mossy green, and she was so tall that even when she crouched Winona seemed like an ant compared to her.

"Ma'am?" She asked gently, slowly removing her hand from the witch's knee. "Are you alright?"

Winona only nodded, wiping beads of sweat off her forehead with her bloody hand. She then let out an exasperated sigh, realizing only by doing that she was making more of a mess of herself. "My children," she whispered, "I think they went this way and I need to find them."

The woman only nodded, a slight smile appearing on her face as she pulled out a few wet wipes out of her bag. Can never be too prepared, right? She began to wipe the blood from Winona's hands and now forehead. She placed the bloody wet wipes in her bag to throw away later, being as gentle as she could to not spook the shaken up woman in front of her.

Winona found herself confused as she glanced upon the human. Weren't they brutal creatures who only wanted to kill them? It was the reason she ventured over the wall in the first place, fearing for her children's safety in such a bloodthirsty place. However, this woman was...gentle.

Her movements were slow, noticing how Winon flinched everytime her hands grew close to her face. It was definitely odd to see a human helping out what she knows is a witch.

Why didn't the woman just kill her on the spot? After all, she had killed her husband with little to no remorse. She deserved it, deserved the pain. So why wasn't the woman freaked out or...at the very least trying to harm her?

"My name is Diana," she introduced quietly, "I'm the queen at the palace. I understand how scared you must be for your children. I will help you find them," she said gently.

She soothingly ran her fingers through Winona's jet black hair, trailing them all the way to her split ends that reached near her waist. For the first time Winona felt calm, her head slowly leaning towards the queen's palm.

Winona was touch starved, craving something lovingly. It was odd how much the queen seemed to care, but for now Winona could push their differences aside just for only a moment.

When Diana stood and pulled Winona up with her, the once lonely witch smiled as she spoke,

"Let's find my children."

𝘑𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘢𝘩 𝘏𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘹

How did Josiah end up being the one roped into all of this? Why couldn't some other person wander by the wall and find the two witches walking towards the gates?

He was stealing from his father's food supply for a horny witch and his sixteen year old sister. This definitely had to be some crime and he wasn't talking about the two witches either. His father would have a full on tantrum if he found out Josiah stole his food. Yeah, as said before, he was extremely greedy.

When he reached the hut he entered through the door to see Atticus had fallen asleep and his hair was wet - which was definitely a good sign. Now that Atticus was quiet and asleep, he didn't seem so bad. Perhaps it was because the flirting was over for the night and he didn't have to deal with Atticus' sexual traits.

Sighing, he set all the food on the counter after making his way to the small kitchen. Vienna walked up beside him and took a can of pineapples and opening it up. She didn't seem to eat the pineapple but instead drank the juice.

"My brother," she began as she held the can in her hands as if it were a mug full of hot chocolate, "isn't so bad when you get to know him."

It was the first words she spoke to him all day and the only words. She went silent again and walked back in the living room, sitting on the floor with her legs folded. She was staring at her brother, keeping watch. It was amazing the love she had for him. Josiah felt if he had a sibling they wouldn't get along, especially with Josiah's angry tendencies.

He stepped out of the kitchen and back outside to see Reyna was smoking a cigarette. She glanced over at Josiah and laughed, smoke exiting her nose and mouth.

"I can't believe I'm going to die," she spoke with a shake of her head. "When they find me they won't hesitate, Josiah. If only we didn't kill that guy then maybe- maybe I wouldn't have to leave this world for another one."

Josiah grabbed her cigarette, placing it between his own lips. He earned a surprised look from his friend, shaking his head.

"I won't let that happen, alright?" He sighed, allowing smoke to spill from his lips before handing the cig back to his once imprisoned friend as he spoke,

"And if it does, we'll tell them what really happened. How we both killed that boy."