Part 4

Nat P.O.V.

Oh, this is dumb, this is a dumb idea, this is not going to end well for me, were the only thoughts running through my head. The town I had come across had a wall protecting it from the woods with a barbed wire top, but the wall was unprotected and I knew the town well enough to know where a payphone was.

I had actually climbed this fence twice before and had never had an issue, however, both of those times I hadn't had a shot shoulder and a leg that had an eighty five percent of being broken. Having a bad shoulder usually meant that I could use my legs more, or having a bad leg meant that I would pull up more with my arms. Having both of them injured, and both on the left side of my body, made climbing incredibly difficult, painful, and I started to doubt if this was even worth it.

I finally reached the top, and started to work my way over the barbed wire, and was forced into the unfortunate position of having to put weight on my bad leg. I knew it was going to happen before I did it, but the moment it had too much weight on it, it buckled. My thigh fell into the barbed wire, and I bit my lip not to scream out as the barbs dug into my skin. I was an idiot, and this was a dumb idea.

I gracelessly got myself down the wall and started to limp into town, the only warmth right now was the warm blood dripping down my leg. The wall wasn't that far from the town, which was a factor in my favor. I reached the payphone, and realized that I was an idiot because I hadn't brought change. I scanned the street, and the few people out and about at this late hour were all staring at me, rightfully so given how bad I must have looked.

Someone walked by, "Er í lagi með þig?" The person was asking me if I was alright, which made sense given that I looked like shit.

"Já, Vinsamlegast, áttu aukapening fyrir símann?" I told them I was, which they clearly didn't buy, but I also figured that I could ask for change.

They started to dig around in their purse, pulling out one coin at a time and handing it to me, "Þakka þér fyrir," I nodded my thanks to them, and they nodded back and continued on. The kind stranger looked concerned and looked back at me a few times, probably to make sure I was still standing.

I hurriedly shoved the change into the machine and dialed the memorized number and prayed that one of the boys would answer.

Steve P.O.V.

"That's it, she's been gone two hours, I'm going to find her," I insisted. I pulled my coat on and started towards the door.

"How are you even going to find her? She is the world's best spy and she's been gone for two hour, that means she doesn't want to be found and that means you're not going to find her," Bucky stopped me, and I hated to admit it but he was absolutely right. If she didn't want to be found, there would be no way for me to find her... but I had to try.

"Ste-" Sam started, but he was interrupted by one of the worst sounds we could hear. We all slowly turned to face the phone that was ringing, the one Natasha set up.

I was moving before I even thought about it and picked it up, "Nat?"

"Steve, thank fuck," she panted.

My body went tense with fear, "Nat, what's wrong? Where are you?"

"Steve, it doesn't matter, you need to get out of here," she instructed, "I've been made, I'm sorry, but you all need to take the exit plan and go."

"Like hell, we're not leaving you," I immediately opposed.

"Steve, now isn't the time for heroics, get your asses out of here," she ordered, "put me on the phone with Bucky, he'll see sense."