Part 9

Steve P.O.V.

It was getting close to the time of her last check/rounds with the day staff of nurses and then they would switch to the night staff. This would give us the most time between checks as well as the least suspicious exit. They could believe that her discharge not being recorded was a miscommunication during the staff rotation or a tired nurse forgot to chart it. It would give us more time until things become too suspicious, and time was the thing we absolutely needed.

Natasha was still asleep, not like the deep sleep she had been in for days, but a lighter sleep (still deep given how unbelievably tired her body was from fighting all of this and trying to recover). I didn't love the idea of waking her up, but it would be easier for her to swipe the RN card rather than one of us, and she would have to wake up eventually if we were going to move her to get out of here.

Everything was ready, Bucky had a wheelchair in the corner ready to go, all of the supplies we could manage to take and thought we would need were in our plane, and we even had a nice bed (or sorts, just a lot of blankets and pillows) for her to lay in when we got her there. The only thing left was for Sam to steal the meds with the card, and us to actually get ourselves out there.

Natasha spooked easily, especially when being woken up, so I started to move myself around a bit. I was still wrapped around her, and hopefully my moving would cause her to wake up a bit. As expected, she gave an agitated moan as her sleep was being disturbed, and thankfully she wasn't jumping up in fear. "Nat," I whispered in her ear, "we need to get ready to go."

She groaned at that. She knew we needed to get out of here, but she also hated waking up. "Five more minutes," she grumbled, even though it was she who had been desperate to get out of here just before she had fallen asleep.

I laughed a bit, and she seemed to like the sound as she curled closer into me, "I know, I'm sorry, but you can go back to sleep on the plane," I offered.

"Fine," was her clipped response. I held in another laugh, she was agitated enough she would probably give me a light slap if I pushed her too much farther. She was adorable when she was groggy.

I got myself up and carefully moved around her and got off the bed, she gave another sound in protest, clearly mad about my heat leaving. However, she did finally open her eyes. She started to look around, and as her eyes took in the scene her grogginess faded away into a mission ready alert. The change was quick, far quicker than I could have done it, but Natasha was a spy and being on the run was her strong suit.

Bucky had been quietly watching the whole scene as was about to stand up when a quick knock came on the door and the nurse walked in. "Hello Ms. Rushman, glad to see that you're awake," she chirped.

I watched the nurse carefully, it would be just our luck that we would be caught right before we made our escape. I could also tell Natasha, Bucky, and Sam were doing the same thing, looking the nurse up and down to make sure everything was in line. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine, thank you," Nat answered as the nurse came over. I looked at her badge that was clipped to the bottom front of her shirt, her name was Clarke. I did feel bad that we would be using Clarke's identity to do this, but desperate times called for desperate measures.

"Well, I'm just going to take your vitals and then I'm off for the night," she smiled.

"Any fun plans?" Bucky asked, he took a few steps closer, clearly flirting with her and trying to distract her so one of us could grab the ID tag.

"Oh," she fumbled for an answer while she started to feel Natasha's wrist for a manual pulse. Clarke was clearly a bit flustered as the handsome super soldier started to take her in with his eyes, "um, a few friends and I were grabbing a drink."