Part 11

Steve P.O.V.

We were all so tired when the plane landed, that we decided to put off our walk to town and just spend a few hours napping in the jet. Bucky and I, given that we had slept, walked out and talked to the manager of the airstirp. We reserved a small hanger that barely fit the plane and looked like it could fall at any minute, but it was enough. We decided that a few hours more of sleep was worth the risk, the manager didn't seem to recognize us as fugitives.

We closed the door, and between Bucky and I, took shifts as look out. Natasha had woken up a few times here and there, but Bucky and I had been able to talk her into going back to sleep. She still had bags under her eyes from how tired she was. Sam was out like a light, nothing woke him. I was so thankful that he had flown us the whole way, he deserved to sleep for the next week.

Bucky had also grabbed a newspaper from the airstip office, and we started to go through that and make sure that we weren't front page news and start our reconnaissance on the town we were in.

"Why not just camp out in the woods? It would be easier," he complained for the fifth time since we had been on the run.

"Because Natasha is susceptible to infection, it's more out in the open, and it gets fucking cold at night," I shot back, now more than ever we needed an actual building. We had spent our fair share of nights out in the wilderness with barely any supplies, but with Nat being so injured and our safe locations always seeming to get colder, it wasn't an option anymore.

"Fine," he grumbled, flipping the page angrily. We were looking for open housing, preferably on the edge of town.

"There is a S.H.I.E.L.D. safehouse here," Nat mumbled, not even opening her eyes.

I couldn't stop my smile, "good morning," I stood up and walked over to her bed, gently lowering myself down and curling around her carefully.

"Morning," she smiled and nuzzled into me, it was an incredible feeling. I had been wanting this for so long, and it was finally a reality.

"Get a room," Bucky complained, and then gave a quick giggle at the irony of his words.

"Where is the house?" I whispered and placed a kiss on top of her head.

She smiled and moved somehow closer to me, I could tell the moving didn't feel great for her, but she was satisfied being next to me. "I don't know exactly where we are," she opened her eyes and looked around, but all she could see from her vantage point was the plane, "but it is in the northern part of Norrbotten County. Where are we?"

"Östergötland County?" I questioned as I read the location off of her phone, which she then took from my hand. I also realized that I absolutely butchered the pronunciation.

"Damn it," she cursed, "we're in Motala, which is in Östergötland County," she emphasized the correct pronunciation and pointed to our location on the map with a smile up at me, "we need to be in Norrbotten County, which is here," she pointed to the map, "in Överkalix."

"How far of a drive is that?" It was a long distance, basically across the whole country.

"Best guess, it's thirteen to fourteen hours," she grumbled. She plugged some coordinates into her phone and opened a navigation app. It indeed showed a thirteen and a half hour drive.

"Shit," I cursed.

"Language," Nat and Bucky called me out at the same time.

"My bad," I threw my hands up in mocking surrender.

"How long are we going to let him sleep for?" Bucky asked as he looked at Sam, who was still completely passed out in the pilot seat.

"You don't get to ask that question, you were his co-pilot and you fell asleep," Nat called him out playfully.