008

there isn't a time skip but just assume elijah and Billie are 16 almost 17..

I'm meeting up with vinnie today! he's flying out to see the sway house and decide if he really wants to move out here. I hope he says yes. he's supposed to be landing anytime now and I couldn't be more excited. my phone dings. HOLY SHIT ITS HIM!

vincent🕴
I just landed

elijah
aw man
turn around 🥺🥺

vincent🕴
shut the fuck up.
you know you wanna see me🤨

elijah
yeah whatever
r u gonna b busy allll day?

vincent🕴
I really don't know..
I'm getting an Uber to the hotel
then I'm going to sway at 4 I think?
idk how long I'm supposed to be there tho

elijah
damn okay

vincent🕴
why?
what's up?

elijah
I was gonna see if u wanted to see
billie house and the skatepark near us
It's alright if ur too busy tho

vincent🕴
I'm gonna try to be able to see u today
r u still staying with billie?

elijah
yeah...
my mental health isn't good enough to
handle my mother.
maggie offered for me to move in tho..
I haven't even been to my mother's
house in like a month

vincent🕴
then why don't u do it?
you love them both
they treat you well
and they obviously make you happy.
why not do it?

elijah
ik ik
I just don't wanna feel like a
burden to them..

vincent🕴
jf they offered then it shouldn't feel
like that
they love you, and staying with them
is better than avoiding your mother
and sleeping in your car

elijah
yeah I guess

vincent🕴
alright well I gotta go find my Uber
apparently homeboy got lost? idk

elijah
okayy
don't get murdered🥺🥺🥺
read: 12:53pm

billie is at a management meeting and I'm walking around la. my head hasn't been quiet all day. I need to talk to billie about what we're doing.

we've been good and acting like a couple when we're alone but.. I don't know. I want to ask her to be my girlfriend but I'm terrified she'll say no. if she says no then I can't ever go back in that house. ever. the amount of embarrassment I would endure.

well. guess I should ask her. not today though, I wanna wait a little. I'm just gonna plan out how I'm gonna ask her today since I'm gonna be alone all day. I am walking to the supermarket and out of the corner of my eye I see someone sprinting towards me. oh nah.

I keep calm and walk a little faster. shouldve brought my board. "HEY! HEY! EMILY RIGHT?" who could possibly be yelling at me right now? I stop and look to see who's behind me, I have no clue who this person is..

"who are you?" I say taking a step back. "I'm a huge fan of billies and I know you guys know eachother so could you give this to her?" the (I'm pretty sure) child asks me. "uhm, sure?" I say. taking the box from them. "thank you so much! she saved my life and I want her to know that." they say quietly. aww.

"ofcourse! between the two of us, she saved me too." I whisper. they laugh and we part ways. that was so cute omg.

I decide to plan everything out at the house so I just walk back. I arrive at the house once again and unlock the door with my key. I walk in and go to billies room. I set the box down on her bed and go to the living room, to watch deathnote. yes I know people say it's 'overhyped' but I love it. I could watch it a million times and never get bored.

I didn't realize that a few hours had gone by until I hear my phone ding.

vincent🕴
I'm done with everything at sway
wya?

elijah
u tryna meet me at that skatepark
i was talking about?

vincent🕴
hell yeah

elijah
alr
I'll send u the address

vincent🕴
perfect
read 7:23

I sent him the address and grabbed my board. it only take about 15 minutes to get there if you're walking, but who wants to walk when you have a board? i rode there and got there in 6 minutes.

I go in a few bowls and stop at the top of a ramp. I feel a punch on my shoulder blade. someone hits like a bitch. I quickly turn around and slap whoever is behind me. "fuck." oh shit it's vinnie. "oh shit. I'm so sorry."

he grabs his face and winces in pain. "I didn't know it was you vin I'm so sorry. let me see it." I say as I move his hand away. he cheek is a little red, he should be fine. "you're fine. don't be sneakin up on people. it's dark and you're in LA." I chuckle.

"I missed you!" I hug him. "I missed you so much more lije." he laughs. "and now I'm gonna whoop your ass." I smirk and drop down into the bowl. "yeah okay." he drops in after me.