The perfect second Smash fighter for Sega (Part 1)

Super Smash Bros is the most famous fighting game franchise in video game history, starting in the Nintendo 64 and it's latest installment being on Nintendo Switch.

No matter which gaming generation you run into, you'll always find someone who either started with Melee or Brawl, or they're newcomers through Wii U/3DS or Ultimate.

If you want to cement your character as part of gaming legend for years and years, even getting put in as a Mii costume is an achievement.

Though the biggest achievement is obviously getting your game character to be a fighter in Smash Bros, which many people constantly try to prove their case for why certain characters should get in.

Ever since Brawl introduced Sonic and Solid Snake, Smash Bros has been inviting 3rd party characters left and right, and the demand for more is still going.

Though not all requests are going to be answered, given Nintendo can't just get anything into the games with the snap of their fingers.

You really think Nintendo can just put Shrek and Goku into the game like that, even though they would have to pay tons of money for the rights and it wouldn't make sense in the slightest?

I what you're thinking....

"Then how can you get into Smash Bros if popular characters can't get in?"

Well I've been paying attention to the characters added to the roaster and have come up with a list of requirements to give your character even a small loophole to get in.

—————————————————————

Super Smash Bros Qualifications

1) Must be a popular GAME character

The "game" part is critical since Smash Bros is made by Nintendo, a company that has it's own gaming franchises since they started in the market.

It isn't like Activision where they get the rights to characters from an animation studio to make a kart racing game.

I'm talking Mario, Legend of Zelda and Pokémon, game series that people grew up with as kids and have plenty of nostalgia when holding a handheld or controller.

If you drop an anime or movie character in the roaster, a lot of gamers are going to be ticked off that they got in but not a popular game character, and we don't want World War Meme to start that way.

The character that gets in must be born from a game, even if it's simple like Pac-Man and Game & Watch or a complex plot like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.

2) Your franchise must at some point have been on a Nintendo product.

I noticed this about every character that they all have in common: Their franchise appeared on Nintendo consoles and handhelds at some point in their careers.

I know people will point out Snake, Cloud, Sephiroth, Terry and Sora never appeared in past Nintendo consoles, but I have an explanation for how.

Solid Snake actually did debut on the NES in 1987-1988 in the first Metal Gear game, though Metal Gear Solid series didn't come out until the late 90's.

The Snake we see in the first game and the Solid series are technically the same guy, just designed differently in graphics.

Final Fantasy 7 finally got to appear on the Nintendo Switch after being denied appearances on Nintendo products for years, meaning Cloud and Sephiroth are technically still allowed through this rule.