Chapter 1: What's a Consulting Detective?

(First Person P.o.V.: ANDY)

Juliet's been acting jumpy these past few days and I would love to know why. But instead of asking her, I end up asking my band mates for help.

"Seriously Andy?" Ash rolls his eyes at me, "Why don't you just ask her like a normal person would?"

"Andy?" We hear Juliet call, "Where did you put the extra pillows and blankets?" Okay why would she need those?

"Now is a good time as any to ask her though. I mean, it's not like any of us are Sherlock Holmes." Thank Batman for Mamma Jinxx.

"Whoa Dragonfly, what's all this for?" I stare at the mass of pillows and blankets that Juliet is trying to place onto the double bed in one of the guest rooms.

"Uh, well, mycousiniscominginfromLondontomorrowandIreallywanthertobecomfyhere." The words came out in a rush and were pretty jumbled but I did hear the word 'cousin'.

"Can you say that again? We didn't understand that." Jake tilts his head to the side and Juliet sighs.

"My cousin is coming in from London tomorrow and I really want her to be comfy here... We haven't seen each other in 17 years and I miss her a lot so..." Juliet trails off and I was surprised. I thought I met everyone in her family already, but then there's a plot twist. But now that I do know, I really want to make a good impression on her.

"So what's her name then? I mean, if she's staying here, I might as well know her name." I smile when I see Juliet's face light up.

"Her name's Victoria but she goes by Tori. She says that everybody calls her that."

"Why does she say that? I mean, what kind of things does she do?" And now Ashley's curious.

"Well, there's no other way to say this, but she's like a detective." Oh dear Lord. Ash and CC have been stalking this blog about a detective and a former army doctor.

"Seriously?!" Both Ash and CC exclaim. In tandem.

"Yeah. But she says they're not with the police."

"'They're'?" Mamma Jinxx voices out my thoughts as well.

"Mmhm. Tori's working with a detective and a doctor. Well, I say detective but really, he's a consulting detective."

"Much as I would like to know more about her, what's a consulting detective?" I kept up with Juliet up until she said the words 'consulting detective'.

"Simply put, Mr. Biersack, a consulting detective is someone to whom the police go to when they find that the case they're handling baffles them far too much." We all turn to the doorway to see a girl none of us have ever seen before.

"TORI!" Well, except for Juliet anyway, seeing as she squealed and tackled the girl standing in the doorway.