They Were Murdered

(First Person P.o.V.: ASHLEY)

We all went to this barbecue place for dinner, and none of us noticed that Tori wasn't there. Well crap. So Juliet may or may not have freaked out a little, but when we got back to their place, her smart and kick ass cousin was there. Although she did have a bust lip and a few bruises here and there. Needless to say, Juliet freaked. Jinxx went to grab the first aid kit, Andy got some ice and CC, Jake, Juliet and I sat on the couch to make sure Tori wouldn't sneak off.

"Alright. What happened? Where'd you go off to?" Juliet asks as Andy put the ice pack in Tori's cheek.

"Amberley's house."

"Why? Did McKinnon go with you?" Who's McKinnon?

"Why would he go and help me break into a client's house?"

"You broke into someone's house?" Jake asks, raising an eyebrow. Tori just shrugs.

"It wasn't the first time I did that. Besides, I needed proof." Her reply was flippant, exactly how I thought she would be like.

"Proof of what?" Jinxx asks. CC and I grinned. She was probably on a case.

"Proof that Mrs. Amberley and Dr. Ernest didn't run away together." Oh she's building up the suspense... "They were murdered. And the murderer was Mr. Amberley himself." I did not see that coming.

"You're kidding, right?" CC asks, eyes widening.

"I'm not. The doctor was murdered via cyanide poisoning and I found a bag of cyanide in the wine cellar. Mrs. Amberley, on the other hand, was stabbed repeatedly in her bedroom." Tori's explanation was short and straight to the point, just like Sherlock's posts on John's blog.

"How do you do that?" Andy asks. Didn't he remember what she did the other day?

"You deduced it, didn't you?" I say, answering Andy's question and Tori nods, a tiny as hell smile on her face.

"Anyway, I deduced her being stabbed several times since there was a slight discoloration on the tiled floor, enough to know that he used bleach to remove the blood stains from the floor. It didn't help that when McKinnon and I dug up some of the disturbed soil, we found the knife not even a yard away from where he buried their bodies." She smirks, leaning back and I'm pretty sure it's because of our faces.

"As amazed as I am about that, how did you end up with a bust lip and a few bruises?" Juliet asks.

"Hmm? Oh these. When McKinnon and I went to arrest him, I went in first since I wanted his motive. Long story short, he ended up beating me up. Fortunately, he's going to be slapped with assault." And she looks like she could care less.

"So why'd he do it?" Admittedly, I really wanted to know, but Andy beat me to it.

"Same reason why he beat up his ex-wives: he thought she was cheating on him with Ernest. If I have to be completely honest, it was a stupid reason for murder. He didn't look for the facts first before he acted upon his emotions. Seriously. Emotions are so bothersome." She says, rolling her eyes. Just then, her stomach growled and she blushed.

"Before you ask, the last meal I ate was brunch." Tori added, making Juliet sigh.

"You really haven't changed, have you?" Juliet says, walking to the kitchen. Or at least, until Tori stopped her.

"I can go three days without eating Juliet. I can last until tomorrow. Besides, it's getting late and they need to get home." Says Tori, gesturing at the door.

"So we'll see you tomorrow then?" I ask, looking at them, but focusing more on Tori.

"Possibly. Anyway, just get home safe." Says Tori. We all say goodbye to them as we leave and when I get home, Tori was still on my mind. She was definitely different and it wasn't because she's Sherlock's apprentice or Juliet's cousin. Whatever made her different, it's definitely a huge turn on for me and I like it.