Stumbling Upon a Crime Scene

(First Person P.o.V.: TORI)

It's been a week since the Amberley case. A week of Andy and the rest of his band attempting to socialize with me. I find their attempt cute, however, it's pretty much useless. Though that's my fault. I was never much of a people person. Anyway, they hadn't given up yet. In fact, CC said they were taking me clubbing whether I liked it or not. And that was how I found myself in a booth at a club wearing an admittedly adorable black dress that Ella (who turns out to be Jake's girlfriend) and Juliet got me. At least they let me wear flats, but that didn't mean that I wasn't wearing make up. My black hair was curled and they put lip gloss, eye shadow and a bunch of other things on my face. Ugh.

"You sure you don't want anything?" Jinxx asks, nodding towards the bar and I shake my head. CC and Ashley were somewhere on the dance floor whilst Jake, Ella, Andy, and Juliet were talking to each other, and occasionally to me.

"Someone has to be sober." I reply and Jinxx chuckles.

"Not even water?" He presses. Okay, he got me there.

"Well, I am parched. So yes. Water will be appreciated." Jinxx gives me a small smile before he goes to the bar. I think I can get along with him. As the night wore on, CC had come back to the booth blabbing about something while Ashley had brought a girl back, both if them considerably drunk.

"Aren't you glad I decided to stay sober?" I tease Jinxx, smirking since Jake and Ella already left while Andy and Juliet were probably fornicating in a restroom. At least, they probably were until they came up to Jinxx and I.

"T-Tori th-there w-was a..." Juliet couldn't finish her sentence as she broke into tears. Andy looked pretty shaken up too but he did manage to point in the general direction of the comfort rooms.

"Which one?" I ask him. He ran a hand through his hair while using the other one to draw little circles on Juliet's hand.

"Girl's." He says and that's all I need.

"Jinxx, can you take them back? Except for Ashley. He looks like he'll be busy for the night." I tell him, and he nods, not even hesitating.

"Well. I suppose I should call McKinnon up now." I murmur, seeing a girl's body inside the third cubicle on the left. She had blonde hair, face caked in make-up, very voluptuous and wearing a dress tight enough to be a second skin. I dial his number on my phone and click my tongue when I get voicemail.

"McKinnon, get your arse to 1439 Ivar Avenue. I'm at this club called Lure. There's a dead body here in the girl's loo. Now." I end the call and pull on the extra pair of surgical gloves in my bag to do a quick postmortem examination. Oh, and also my magnifying glass. Can't forget that. Huh.

"She was raped. Date rape drug, the rapist definitely put way too much of it in her system. Bruises here on her right wrist, means that the killer is a right- Wait a minute. These are in the shape of the left hand. So he grabbed her with his right hand, but used his right hand to get the syringe. So she was drugged, raped, then she probably died." I murmur, checking underneath her dress. Nothing. No semen, and her panties were gone too. He's thorough.

"I thought you were here on vacation?" Said a voice I came to associate with Greg.

"Shut up McKinnon. By the way, her body was found by my cousin, so I doubt she moved it. I did a quick postmortem, and it seems that she put up a fight. Now if you'll excuse me, I have other things to do, such as eat." With that, I leave the look and find the club completely swarming with police officers and not a civilian in sight. Except for me, I suppose.