If Tomorrow Never Comes

Season 1 Episode 6, 00:00

~A couple hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. "Never leave that till tomorrow," he said, "What you can do today."~

I woke up this morning pretty early since Noah was sleeping over and because of that I wanted to have a bit of fun. I pushed his hair out of his face and watched as he slowly opened his eyes.

~This is the man who discovered electricity. You'd think more of us would listen to what he had to say.~

I placed a kiss on his forehead, then his nose, his neck, his chest, his stomach and I slowly got lower. He was clearly enjoying himself as he closed his eyes and ever so often left a noise sleep from the back of his throat.

~I don't know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I'd say it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of pain, fear of rejection.~

"I thought we talked about this." I raised my eyebrows at him jokingly. "No sleepovers."

"I know but I'm just so comfortable here with you wrapped in my arms." He smiled down at me. He pulled me back up towards his lips and crashed both of ours together and next thing you know he flipped us over and got on top.

*TIME SKIP*

"She's gonna be late." George said referring to Meredith clicking snooze on her alarme clock for what felt like the 20th time this morning.

"No, she's not. Don't worry." I spoke as I slipped my sneakers on in the hallway, sitting on the ground in front of Izzie's room, where she sat on her bed also putting her shoes on.

"We should wait for her." George walked over to us and stood at Izzie's door frame.

Izzie shook her head, "definitely not. I'm not her mother, and you are not her boyfriend-"

"Not yet, anyway." I added lifting my eyebrows up and down which resulted in George rolling his eyes.

"Stop, okay?" George looked back from myself to Izzie. "I told you i'm not interested."

"Life is short, George. Do you really want to die before you ever ask her out?" Izzie tied her last shoe and grabbed her bag.

George scoffed at us both. "I do not want to ask her out."

I lifted myself of the floor and walked over to George, placing my hand on his shoulder. "Is that your final answer cause I don't think you want to die a liar, either."

"I'm not-" I listened as I assumed he was going to say liar but he then said. "I'm not dying."

~Sometimes, the fear is just making a decision... because what if you're wrong? What if you're making a mistake you can't undo?~

----------------------------------------------------

"Cristina youre late." Bailey spoke disapprovingly as we all followed her in the hospital corridor.

"So is Meredith." She called back rating her friend out.

~Whatever it is we're afraid of, one thing holds true- If, by the time the pain of not doing a thing gets worse than the fear of doing it, it can feel like we're carrying around a giant tumour.~

"When we walk in this door you will maintain decorum. You will not laugh, vomit, or drop your jaw. Are we understood?" We all nodded a yes at our resident and she opened the door.

Izzie furrowed her brows. "Why would we laugh?"

"Oh, just you wait." Alex rubbed his hands together and we all followed him inside the room.