Shake Your Groove Thing

Season 1 Episode 5, 00:00

~Remember when you were a kid, and your biggest worry was, like, if you'd get a bike for your birthday or if you'd get to eat cookies for breakfast. Being an adult- Totally overrated.~

I  started my day by hoping into the shower. I woke up earlier then everyone else, god knows why, I could've gotten an extra 30 minutes of sleep, but that's besides the point. The point is, I got first shower today. Which means I also get hotter water, yay!

~I mean, seriously, don't be fooled by all the hot shoes and the great sex and the no parents anywhere telling you what to do. Adulthood is responsibility.~

Once I got out of the shower I decided to wake George and Izzie myself this morning. See, Meredith had to go see her mom about something so I told her I'd cover for her and that the three of us could use my car today.

~Responsibility, it really does suck.~

I rushed them all out of the door after giving them time to get ready. They bickered at me and sent me glares, just wanting to be back in bed.

~Really really, sucks.~

I groaned when I saw the traffic that was pilling up in front of us. I dropped my head on the steering wheel letting go of a very frustrated sigh. George rested his hand on my back and rubbed it gently trying to comfort me. It wasn't really working.

~Adults have to be places to do things and earn a living and pay the rent and if you're training to be a surgeon, holding a human's heart in your hands- or pushing up a blade onto a someone's brain. Hello! Talk about responsibility!~

We finally made it to the hospital and I rushed my way into the locker rooms, into my scrubs and then into the gallery because Meredith was assisting on a cardio surgery and I could not miss it. If anything bad happens I want to be there to support her anyways.

~Kind of makes bikes and cookies look really, really good, doesn't it?~

"I wish I could hold a heart." George pouted from his spot next to me.

I patted his shoulder sarcastically. "Oh, there, there. Don't be so sad."

"A monkey could hold a heart." I then heard Christina mutter through gritted teeth on the other side of me.

"You're mad Burke didn't ask you." The boy on my right snickered at the girl on my left.

Izzie then walked in. Hair falling apart, books hanging messily from her arm and her feet rushing towards us. "George, I need more ice and chips."

"More ice and chips. Why do you need so much?" I asked her because we were only supposed to be us and her boyfriends.

"Who else did you invite?" George questioned clearly thinking the same thing as I am.

"We said the list was jocks only." Christina joked which made me playfully roll my eyes as Izzie downed her bottle of coffee. "Surgery, trauma, plastics. Who else?"

"Just some people form peds." Izzie shrugged.

Christina gave her a face of disgust. "You invited the preschoolers to Meredith's house. Next thing, you'll say you invited the shrinks." 

Izzie glanced away dramatically and Christina's eyes widened. "She invited mental defects. This party is D.O.A"

"Hey, I'm quite fond of the preschoolers and the mental defects." I defended them to Christina.

"That does not surprise me." Christina said looking at me with crazy eyes.

I scoffed and turned to Izzie. "Oh, and I invited Noah, if that's okay."