Marry Me by Thomas Rhett (Alex)

Inspired by Marry Me by Thomas Rhett

Alex, a minute ago

Today was y/n's wedding. The day we always talked about as kids, the day that I was supposed to stand up and be here for her, the day that I walked her down the isle... I just remembered talking about it back then, all those years ago...

 I just remembered talking about it back then, all those years ago

Alex, 20 years ago. 14

She told me one day she wants to get married, she wants her grandpa preaching the service, but not too many people, save her some money. Even on her wedding she still cares about things like that. She's got it all planned out, I can see it all right now.

I'll be wearing my black suit, a black tie hiding out in the back. Doing a strong shot of whiskey straight out the flask, I'll be trying to make it through without crying so nobody sees. That she's gonna get married, but she's not gonna marry me...

I don't know why but I love her so much and I know it's selfish but I don't wanna see her with anyone else... Why do I have that feeling.

 Why do I have that feeling

Alex, 18 years ago. 16

Ever since Kara found out about me and y/n she's been telling me to tell her, make my move...

So we just got home after the football game , y/n was sleeping over.

We just had dinner then we went upstairs, we look into each other's eyes, leaned in but she pulled away just before we kissed because we heard something fall down stairs, turns out it was Kara and her powers.

After that I kinda freaked out, I mean we've been friends for forever. But I always wondered if she did feel the same way... But-

 But-