Part 9

We reached to my house. As we entered my house, Dorothy ran to the bathroom and Julian went to the living room, turning the T.V on.

I went to the living room and sat beside Julian.

"That was close," Dorothy said, coming toward us.

"You've drunk a lot of beer," Julian remarked as Dorothy shrugged and took a seat on the couch.

"Hungry," I blurted out after a good while watching T.V.

"Let's eat then," Julian said.

"Order or make a home food," I said and smiled with 'home food'  a wide smile.

Both Julian and Dorothy looked at me, weirdly.

"I cook!" I added, smiling the goofiest smile, pointing to me.

"No!" Both of them said in one breath.

I gave them a glare and said, "OK. then. But you two are losing the best night in your whole life," I crossed my arms.

"Ever!" I added.

"That's so British," Dorothy smirked, then added, shrugging,

"I wanna lose it anyway,"

"Silly," I rolled my eyes on her.

Julian looked at me and gave me a warm smile and said:

"Let's give Sophie a try,"

"Nope," Dorothy said already dialing the restaurant number.

I crossed my arms ever more and my face was like, a sad little child. I threw myself on the couch. Julian rapped on my back and told me next time he'll make me cook just for him.

When Julian told me these simple words like he was, literally satisfying a little child. His words carried warmth within them and that what made Julian always special because of his warmth which always shines from him.

My smile cracked on my lips as he told me this and nodded in agreement.

"Yes. Two large pepperoni pizza and crispy fries," Dorothy said and after that she hung up.

"Cash on you this time," I said, pointing to Dorothy.

She shrugged and said,

"It's OK. as long you didn't cook,"

"You're so rude!" I said, slightly felt mad.

Dorothy smirked again and kept her eyes on the T.V screen. I held a pillow and threw it on her. She looked at me as I threw it on her and shrugged in return.

The food came. We put on a film and started watching and eating at the same time.

"Uhh, I have to go," Julian said, checking the time at his leather watch.

"Now," I groaned.

"It's pretty late, Soph," Julian added.

"Give me a ride?" Dorothy said while she was laying on the couch.

"OK," Julian shrugged.

Julian and Dorothy left and I stayed for a little while, waiting my dad.

I fell asleep on the couch while I was watching T.V. I didn't realize anything until I woke up next morning and found myself sleeping on my bed.

I went down stairs and found my dad was eating his English breakfast and on the other hand he was holding his paper and his glasses was worn, reading with a very high concentration.

"Morning," I said, interrupted his reading.

"Morning, love," Dad said with his meek smile.

I took a pancake on my plate and poured some coffee in my cup and added honey on my pancake.

"God, this is the best pancake ever, dad," I said with the first bite.

"I have an original English roots, young lady," My dad said with a pride.

"Yea, and as I'm your daughter I'm an English girl, old man," I said with the same pride but I added a smirk.

My father chuckled then said,

"you know you grandmother was French?"

"My mom's mother?" I asked.

"Yes." Dad nodded.

"That's interesting," I nodded.

"I waited for you last night, but I fell asleep," I told my dad.

My dad nodded and said,

"Yeah I know, love. I carried you up to your room," He gave me a smile.

"Daddy, I'm not a little child anymore,"

Dad shook his head and gave me a look that he didn't get it.

"I mean to carry me up to my room. I'm heavy now," I said, giggling.

"You got light bones but strong," Dad said, winking at me.

I just smiled at him.

We finished eating our breakfast. My dad went to his work shop and I spent the day on the couch reading a book and drinking my coffee.

My phone rang with an unknown number. I sighed, then pressed the green button to answer.

"Hello," I answered.

"Good morning," someone said through the line.

"How did you get my number?" I asked, with a lot of happiness but still sane.

" You're from the three numbers that my dad has on his cell phone," Luke said with a light chuckle.

"My pleasure," I giggled.

"How's going," Luke asked.

"I'm good," I answered, smiling.

"Um, still on spending Saturday night together?" Luke asked.

"Yeah sure," I said while I was bursting from happiness inside of me.

"Cool. Where would like to meet?" He asked.

My smile widened and I couldn't resist it.

"Anywhere you'd like," I said and still smiling.

"Well, I was thinking if you don't mind that we spend it outside, like outdoor and have a walk,"

I could not tell you how I felt. More than happy. I didn't know why, but I felt something sweet, a very sweet flavor was running through my body, something that makes life looks sweeter even better.

"That- that looks great!" I said, excitedly.

"Great then. I'll come and pick.."

"No, don't. I mean pick me up. I'll come over to the bookshop and then we can go wherever we want," I said.

"It's OK. See you then" Luke said. And after that we hung up.

I didn't want that bad luck again like what had happened with Ethan. It's just an innocent date. It even can't be called a date, it is just a night out with a friend.

---

For people who are still reading this and making me happy, two words I'd like to say to you: Thank you! I'm still working on my writing stuff and it's my pleasure to have even few people are reading this.

-e.s