Chapter Six

Julian and I kissed each other last night. And I liked it, but it was awkward. Much awkwardness.

Julian is so beautiful and so nice and kind. He's a guy that I've never met someone like him before, but I always saw him as a friend and brother. No more. Or I have never thought about him like that.

I tell him everything more than Dorothy, because he spends most of the time with me. But Dorothy, she's always busy with her life and with her work or with her boyfriend, who I've never met before, which is the weirdest thing ever. She always says that he's travelling around the states and busy all the time. I don't even know if he's in our age or older. She showed me a picture of him and he's good-looking and I think he's older than Dorothy. That all what I can say about him from a picture I'd seen.

"I think I'm going to the bookshop," Dad was asking me what is my plan today.

"OK. Then we can go to have a dinner outside in a nice restaurant," He suggested, brightly.

"Sounds great," I nodded with a smile.

I wore my jacket and went to the bookshop. It was Saturday and like always I have nothing to do after the Friday night with Julian.

I pushed the door of the bookshop but no one came out.

There was a really nice song was playing which was something weird. Charlie has never put on a nice song, playing at his store before. Even if he did, he put a classic symphonies by Beethoven and Mozart, or Opera songs the people who have very strong voice and shout, making you feel like, you're in the Opera House or something like that. You suddenly hear a woman or a man shouts, loudly saying words that I don't understand and then they go with a very low notes and come again with these high notes which freak me out.

But they all were good ones. I respect people's choice and their taste in everything as long they do the same with mine.

I tried to find someone but I find no one around. I made my way to the book shelves to find a good book and sit in my corner like usual. Nothing has changed.

After few seconds, someone tapped on my shoulder which freaked me out as a hell.

"God! You freaked me out!" I said putting my hand on my chest because of this horrific panic.

"Sorry," He chuckled.

"This was dreadful you know that? No one was here with this nice song was playing which is a really weird thing," I sighed.

"You liked it?" Luke asked.

"The song? Yes, it's a nice one. Really good," I nodded. "Where's Charlie anyway?"

"He's visiting my aunt. His sister I mean," Luke answered.

"Auntie Sarah!" Charlie only has one sister and I know her as well.

"You know her?" Luke asked, astonishingly.

"Of course! She's the nicest aunt ever,"

"Impressive," Luke said still astonished.

I just gave him a smile. Then returned to what I was looking for in the book shelf.

"I've noticed that you have British accent and American also in between. Like, mixed together," Luke said.

"Yes," I said. "I'm kind of hybrid girl. I'm from British father and American mother. But I do not consider myself as a hybrid," I explained to him.

"Interesting. But why don't you consider yourself as a hybrid?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest like he's interested to hear why while everyone is bothered to ask.