Chapter Seven

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."

― Dr. Seuss

Another, normal and bored week has passed. I literally haven't done anything new, except that I wanted to call him. I kept all the last week along planning how will I call him. Planning for any stupid and silly reason to make me call him. How will I behave and what will I say. I'm so bad with treating boys.

It's a normal thing, right? If I called him..

 I just want to call him like anyone is calling. God.. this is stupid. But I'm going to do it!

I'll count to three and call him.

One..Two..Three!

I dialed his number and waited for someone to pick up. Well, not his personal number but he may answers me!

 After three rings I lost hope, but then...

"Hello, this is Charlie's bookshop," And Charlie answered.

Big bored and goofy smile had set on my face as I heard Charlie's voice.

"Um, hi Charlie. How are you?" I said, feeling disappointed. He wasn't the one who I wanted to pick up.

"Hi Sophie! Where have you been for days?" Charlie said.

"I'm still alive and younger than you," I said, smirking knowing that he is not able to see me.

Charlie laughed and then someone else took the phone from him as I heard a warm voice of a young man, saying 'Hey' to me.

"Hi," I said back with a light shiver ran all over my body . 

"How are you?" When he said that I knew it's Luke.

Like, please I knew it's Luke from his warm 'hey'. My stomach was tickling me when we started talking to each other.

"How about spending Friday night together?" Luke suggested.

I smiled, widely, then remembered that every Friday night Dorothy, Julian and I gather in my house and spend the night together since we were in sixth grade. Since we felt that we have grown up and become teenagers and that was the dumbest thing ever. Like, really ever..

"Well, can we make it Saturday night?" I asked, hopping and crossing fingers that he wouldn't say no or he would be busy.

"Cool. I'm free anytime," Luke said.

"Great!" I said, happily, jumping in joy. "See you then on Saturday night," Then we hung up.

I was so happy and over the moon when he asked me to spend more time with him or perhaps he wanted to spend more time with me. I'm just in love with the thought that: He likes to be with me for more time.

I went to school on Friday and saw both Julian and Dorothy were talking beside Julian's locker. I made my way toward them and hugged both of them in a one hug. It was a double hug which was something I like to do with my favorite humans. 

"Missed you guys," I said.

"And we missed you too," Dorothy said, hugging me again.

 Julian just kept with no word. He kept nodding or smiling if we asked him about anything. Dorothy said we can spend this Friday night at my house then go to the movies. I was good with it. But Julian said another thing.

 "I can't go," Julian said.

 "Shut the fuck up, Julian," Dorothy said and always swearing 

"Dorothy I wish you could talk without swearing once in your whole life," I said, shaking my head.

 "He said he can't make it!" Dorothy nearly yelled.

 "Julian," I said. "Don't be silly. Since when and you can't come to my house?"

 "Or maybe he's on a date?" Dorothy said, smirking.

 "And he doesn't want to tell us," I smirked.

 "No guys," Julian said. He wanted to giggle or chuckle but he held it back.

 Before Julian could say anything the bell had rung. Dorothy ran to her class because she's always late and Mr. Scott, her Geography teacher doesn't like her anyway, so she's doing her best to avoid him and his silly words and comments every time he sees her.

 I threw my arm around Julian's shoulders to make him feels less awkward. I gave him a kiss on cheek.

 "Julian, don't ever think what had happened between us last Friday night is a thing will ruin our friendship. OK?" I said.

 "I know," He shook his head.

 "No you don't. You're acting weirdly. And I don't like it," I said, frowning.

 "No trust me. It's OK." Julian said, faking a smile.

 "You can consider it as a lesson. I taught you how to kiss a beautiful girl," I smirked.

 "OK. That would be better," Julian said, laughing nervously. 

"See you later then,"

The three of us went to our classes. I had a hopeless chemistry class, Dorothy had Geography and Julian had English.

 After we'd finished school we went to our place. It wasn't our place by the meaning, but it was far from city noise,  crowd and traffic. Out to the nature and away from the unreal world. It was the place where we find ourselves.

  A wide and green place that you can take a breather and find some fresh air to enter your lungs and think about anything and everything. It was in the top of a hill where is near the border of the city. We go there by Julian's car.

We ascend the tiny mountain and lay down and sometimes, when we go there we have with us bottle of champagne and most of time Dorothy brings with her bottles of beer. But never have we drunk alcohol before. I know champagne has a low percent of alcohol but we never got drunk before. 

Maybe the best thing of alcohol that, it can make you out of your reality and see the world with more simple perspective and forget everything ruins your mood and life is just amazing.

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." Julian said, looking up at the sky.

The three of us were lying on the soft, green grass and looking at the clear, blue sky. Both of Dorothy and I looked at Julian confused.

"Shakespeare," Julian shrugged.

"He was a wise man," I remarked.

"He just knew how to run life," Dorothy said, drinking from her beer.

The place where we are at was so good to wonder about a lot of things. A lot of things that can run in my mind everyday and I'm looking for answers for these things. Everyone sailed in their dreams, thoughts and imaginations. And I've always loved to imagine a dream and dream about things. Because simply there's no rule in dreaming or imagining. We have a life in our imagination.

The weather was getting colder and I was only wearing a leather jacket and a tank top under it. I told them to get back to my house and continue the night. We were leaving this paradise, holding our dreams, hopes, thoughts and regrets in our hearts while other may put them on the palm of their hands and show them to the world but you don't know why.

 But either way you're free whether if you want to show them or hide them, but I always consider them as secrets and if a secret escaped from the bottom of your heart to the top of your lips then it doesn't consider as a secret anymore. Keep your things to yourself.

Comment and vote if you'd liked it!

e.s