XVI

I know it's over, still I cling.

SIXTEENHOW TO RAISE A DRAGON 101

SIXTEEN
HOW TO RAISE A DRAGON 101

━━━━━━━━━━━

Every once in a while, (Y/N) would have a reoccurring nightmare.

It was of his death in the 999th round.

The Constellation Killer of the 999th round was inflicted with a curse by a Demon King early on, and was forced to be taken care of by Yoo Jonghyuk and his party. During those years, he softened and grew close with them, just like the old days.

He was in awe at Yoo Jonghyuk, who sacrificed himself time and time again for the sake of others. Even once, when he was on the verge of death, Yoo Jonghyuk protected him and lost his arm in the process.

The Constellation Killer promised at that moment that, at least for this life, he will leave behind his revenge for the sake of these people.

However, just when they were about to go home from a scenario, they were ambushed and the Constellation Killer used his life force to kill all of their enemies, uncaring of how it poisoned his soul, as long as he could protect him and his family, only to be impaled upon a sword behind his back.

They wanted to make a fancy dinner that night, a nice one with a feast and candles, surrounded by the people they loved.

It was at that moment, when he was dying, that the Constellation Killer realized he could live without revenge. He wanted to own a nice house with many pets and live by the beach so he could go out to the balcony and watch the waves crash. Then, he could go back inside and smile happily with everyone, eating as many gourmet meals as he wanted and know that he deserved to be happy. Like a dream.

He could've.

He would've.

Oh, he most definitely would've.

But you always must wake up from even the sweetest of dreams.

He never even made it to the house.

"I really, wholeheartedly wanted to live to see the end with you this time."

He was being carried in someone's arms, body draped with no strength left to move, his muscles and blood cells contorting around a large hole in the cavity of his chest.

The man he was being held by had a robotic, hardly functioning arm, and was limping his way to the small cottage they lived in. As (Y/N) moved his bloody eyes to the man's face, he saw scar-covered skin and an eyepatch hanging over his eye, but his other eye didn't react to light and was also unable to see.