< 8 >

You P.O.V.:

I watched as Sophie took the mop and bucket, walking to the wooden staircase.Markl ran quickly putting his hands out and preventing Sophie from moving further.

"Wait!" Markl screamed

"Anything you don't want me to clean, you'd better go and hide," Sophie smiled maliciously as she looked at the boy.

"Leave my room last, okay?" He screamed as he ran up the flight of stairs, the wood creaking under him.

Sophie laughed softly before shaking her head at the mess in front of her eyes. Opening a red wooden door, she found the bathroom, although she was even more disgusted by the mess.

It was as if a rainbow of potions had exploded inside the beige room, with colours dripping to the right and left, slipping through the walls. The once white bathtub was filled to the edge with dirty water. Books and bottles scattered everywhere, making you aware of where you step.

Finally, Sophie turned to the bathroom and her wrinkled face appeared disgusted and she sighed.

Walking to the window, she knocks a few times, allowing a cloud of dust to fly out. However, when she looked out, she realised that the castle was moving. Her brown eyes widened with amazement. "(Y/N)! (Y/N)! You must absolutely see this!"

I leaned my broom against a wall and looked out, surprised to find out that we were walking through an open and green field. "Calcifer! Are you the one doing this?" I asked amazed.

"Yep!"

"I'm very impressed! I like your spark!" Sophie said with a smile before cleaning again.

I laughed and smiled while Calcifer got all excited, making his flames bigger and brighter. So I wondered if Sophie would need any help cleaning up, seeing the state the castle was in. Okay, she could probably deal with it, but I would waste precious time if I didn't get her out of her misery in the castle state, making sure to tell her to control herself.

Getting up, I dusted my improvised apron and ran to help with clothes. While I struggled to hang my clothes on the clothesline and try to figure out how to keep the string stretched, a scarecrow-like figure jumped and took the cord from me, making me amazed.

"Turnip head!" Sophie yelled happily. After seeing her endeavour all morning, I couldn't help but make her sit in a chair facing Star Lake. She certainly seemed to be having fun, with the break and a glass of cold tea. I laughed while watching Markl fight to hang one of Howl's shirts.

I allowed the breeze to flow through my hair and smile. It really was a beautiful day.

Time skip ~

Calcifer P.O.V.:

I jumped a little when the button turned and Howl weakly pushed the door, his body slow and still in his bird shape. He dragged himself to the wooden chair in front of me, almost as if he was about to faint from exhaustion.

"Are you alright? You smell terrible," I asked, frowning my nose.

He didn't respond while slowly bringing back the feathers, painfully turning into his human self again. I sighed worried while watching his defeated shape hanging on the chair.

"You shouldn't fly like that. Sooner or later, you won't be able to become human again." I warned you before I got a trunk. "Isn't it great? (Y/N) put this here for me!"

"This war is terrible," Howl said as he leaned forward, releasing a moan (oop 😫) of pain. "It was my own kind that attacked me today ... they will never be able to turn into humans again." I was silent, repressing a comment. If there was something Howl needed now, it would be a -