Chaos in the Pit

"GO BIG MAN" cheered Tommy, hopping up and down on the fence.

'BE CAREFUL, ' shouted Ranboo, standing on his toes looking over the fence.

Techno breathed heavily as he held ropes in his hands as he faced off with the large beast in front of him. It huffed a smoke of air before stamping his foot repeatedly.

This beast was a Ravager.

Philza made a comment that they needed more support with heavy cargo tasks around the barnyard. Unfortunately most of the horses were built for speedy travel and the cows for milk & beef, so nothing could tolerate the weight. Then Techno had the great idea to tame a Ravager. They were big and were known to wear iron armor in war combat and were easily suited for pulling heavy cargo for prisons or pillarger materials. The only downside of these guys was they were aggressive by nature and took a lot of work to tame. The piglin had spent time reading on them and managed to find a tactic that could help him.

He'd caught this beast last week after finding it chained to a pillar outside an abandoned mansion. He lured it back to the farm and kept it in the taming cages until he was ready to work with it. Today was the day he decided he was going to do it. He fixed up and reinforced the taming pen so it couldn't escape beyond it. There was a platform above the pen where his brothers stood watching from a safe distance and where Techno could keep an eye on them. Basically kill two birds with one stone.

Suddenly the large animal came charging towards the piglin. Techno leaped out of the way and rolled a few feet away from the Ravager. Because it was a big animal, it took a while to fully turn around giving it a weak spot. Techno swung on of the ropes and lassoed it around the creature's neck and tied it. He wrapped that rope on an iron hook that was on a single pole in the middle of the arena. At that point the Ravager had turned around and was heading straight for the piglin man. Stepping on the hook, Techno boosted himself and jumped straight into the air. He grabbed a hold of the next hook above and placed the next rope on that. He felt a gust of wind from below as the large animal dashed by. Looking down from his place on the pillar, he could see Tommy & Ranboo waving from their place on the platform above the pen.

"Do we throw the box yet?" yelled Tommy.-

"No, not yet, wait til I tell you" stated Techno, waving his arm.

"But the cake still seems good," replied Ranboo.

"Are you two eating the freaking cake?" exclaimed Techno, bewildered.

"Noooo" said Tommy & Ranboo, in sync.

The piglin sighed when it should have been obvious to not give too sugar-loving kids a whole semi-frosted cake. He turned his focus back on the Ravager below. It was slowly circling the pole now that it was tied to it. A single rope wasn't gonna be enough so Techno slowly started lowering the next rope, hoping not to get dragged down with it. Once it was low enough, he swung it til it was around the Ravager's horns. He pulled on it, which fastened it around them. The Ravager reared up in surprise and started to swing its head around. This almost made Techno lose his grip but he regained it as he pulled himself back up. He pulled the next rope off his shoulder and lassoed it around the large animal's flailing front limbs. The ravager nearly collapsed forward but held its head in defense. Using the last rope on him, Techno hooking on the pole and sliding down it himself. He landed on the beast's back and wrapped the loose part of the rope around its torso. With the last line in place, the ravager was mostly de-mobilized.

The piglin made his way to the front of the animal with his shield in hand just in case. He started right in its dark green eyes.

"Okay boys, tossed down the box" ordered Techno, not breaking eye contact.