Starry Night: Evie

I looked at the night sky above us. I knew Emmie was going to wake up soon. If only I was able to help her. She thinks I'm so young, but I'm only 8. I know so much more than her. Until she solves the puzzle, she'll be trapped here. I watched the bluebonnets around me dance in the wind before I heard Emmie's breathing pattern switch, telling me she had awakened. I didn't move as I watched Emmie sit up, taking in the surroundings. I sat up looking confused and Emmie whipped her head around to see me. "Where are we?" I asked. She looked around the field. I could tell by her facial expression that she recognized our location.

    "We're in the flower field outside of town," she told me, turning to look back at me. Good. She knows where we are, I thought. I looked back up at the sky.

    "Look at the sky," I started. "Emmie, do you see this?"

    "Yeah," She replied before pointing at the constellation above us. It was Sagittarius. "It's Sagittarius."

    I bent down to pick up a bluebonnet. I wanted to tell Emmie that the bluebonnets were a way out. They were a piece of the puzzle. I put the bluebonnet behind my ear. I watched Emmie do the same, but it turned black. They're near. "What's wrong?" I questioned. Maybe she'd tell me what she was thinking. Heard noises from the forest surrounding us. They're very close. 

"Nothing," I watched Emmie stand up. She's thinking about going into the woods. I know she is.  "C'mon, follow me." 

The sky got darker as we went farther into the woods. I walked behind Emmie as I watched the moon above us disappear. I heard the, giggle. Running around. Surrounding us. I was told not to help my older sister, but running out of the scary dark forest was technically not against the rules. I turned and ran down the path that led us to the cliff above the town. We were closer to that than the bonnets, although she would need to go back to the bonnets, she could find some down in town.

"Evie?" I heard Emmie call out. I looked around the forest edge for any sign of them. They were staying silent. "Evie?" I heard the worry in her voice now. The coast seemed clear.

"Emmie," I called out, waiting for her to come to the cliff. She'll know the way into town. Everything would be fine. I watched her pop out of the woods and I turned to look at the town. "Look down there," I said, pointing to the town below us. All the lights looked majestic in the night. I wish we could be down there, running around the town.

"It looks so peaceful." She replied.

A gold shimmering light flew past Emmie's eyes.

"Woah." Emmie started following the light into the forest. NO.

"Emmie, where are you going?" I called out, trying to follow her quickly but I tripped. I slammed into the ground and watched my body follow my sister. I was invisible. "EMMIE!" I yelled, but she couldn't hear me. One of them was in my body. Sounding like me.  Looking like me. They ran out into the forest. I followed behind them. I could feel the ground, but not anything else. I watched Emmie fall, being held back by the weeds. Her dress turned from light green to black.

"Try again, Emmie," It said in a demonic voice. I watched Emmie fall unconscious and another dragged her out into the bluebonnet field. My body turned to face me. It smiled and lunged at me. I poofed before it could reach me, knowing full well my fate. I'll find another way to help Emmie. It's not her time yet.