New Life

I just died. I was on the highway when someone slammed into my car, making it spin off the road. When I hit the tree my windows broke, sending the glass shards into my flesh. I died of blood loss.

    When I opened my eyes, I was in a movie theater. I look around confused before seeing an open door down the lit hallway. Next to the door was a glowing sign: Former life of Allie Jameson. That was me. I walked through the doorway to see a bunch of women sitting in the seats. They all had turned around to face me.

    "Welcome Allie!" An older woman greeted me.

    "What...how...why...who...?" I started to question, looking around the room at all of the women. They all were from different time periods. Ancient Egypt, Rome, France, the 1780s, 1800s, the 1920s, and even more. Some of the women were glowing. They were all different ages, one was young, maybe around six or seven, the oldest was past 100.

    "We're your past lives darling," One said in a British accent.

"We've been watching you Allie. What an amazing person you were," another said, with a French accent.

"We watch the new lives on the big screen ahead," One who looked like she was from the 1920s, said, with a New York accent. I turned at the big screen and saw it starting to light up.

"Oooo, it's starting!" The young girl called out. The woman from the 1920s pulled me down into the seat next to her.

"I'm Marylin, I died in 1924, you're gonna do mighty fine here with us," She told me with a smile. I smiled back at her before looking at the screen. When the screen fully lit up we were in a hospital room. The mothers of the new child look down at her, with smiles on their faces.

"What do you want to name her?" What I assume was a doctor or a nurse asked. The moms look at each other for a couple of seconds before answering.

"Emma," One of them responded. Outside the room, the glowing sign changed. It now said: The Life of Emma Bureau.