Chapter 14-Tegridy Farms

Friday came relatively quickly and soon Kyle found himself heading towards Stan's family farm for the sleepover.

Eric had texted him earlier asking for a ride and Kyle's kind heart had prevented him from declining the frustratingly annoying boy. Once Kyle picked up Eric he headed toward the farm.

"Do you have a favorite song?" Eric asked Kyle breaking the silence.

"Uhh, I don't know." Kyle shrugged. "If I had to pick I would go with 'I Don't Want To Be' by Gavin DeGraw. What about you?"

"I love that song. My favorite would definitely be Boulevard of Broken Dreams."

Kyle tried to recall if he had heard the song before but couldn't seem to remember "I don't think I know that song,"

"No way! You definitely have heard it before," Eric insisted. "Let me play it for you on my phone."

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known

Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me, and I walk alone

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Where the city sleeps
And I'm the only one, and I walk alone

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me

My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating

Sometimes, I wish someone out there will find me

'Til then, I walk alone

"Ohh, I have heard this song!" Kyle confessed after listening to the first few lines. "It's really good! I can't believe it's not on my Spotify playlist."

"Yeah, this song is the greatest." Eric beamed turning off his phone. After a brief moment of silence, Eric blurted "Are you and Nicole dating?"

"No!" Kyle groaned. Annoyed that he was answering this question for the millionth time. "We are just friends. I don't know why everyone thinks otherwise."

"Do you think you would ever like her?" Eric inquired.

"Nicoles great but I like someone else," Kyle explained.

"Stan," Eric stated glumly.

Kyle didn't refute the statement but instead countered with "Do you like anyone?"

"Kind of," Eric revealed hesitantly after internally debating for a moment whether to share.

"Really?! Who?" Kyle exclaimed surprised. The thought of Cartman liking anyone astonished Kyle. Kyle had genuinely believed that the only person Eric could ever care about was, well, Eric. "Is it Heidi?"

"No,"

"Who is it then?" Kyle questioned.

"You wouldn't know them," Eric asserted flatly refusing to admit the truth.

"Oh," Kyle responded dejectedly. Curse his treacherous heart but for some reason Kyle wanted Eric to say he liked him.

"Why do you like Stan anyway?" Eric asked.

"I don't know," Kyle faltered. "He's been my best friend for the longest time, and he has always been there for me. I honestly don't know what I would do without him."

"You know Stan is straight?" Eric raised an eyebrow.

"I know," Kyle nodded. However, instead of having a heavy heart at the thought of Stan never liking him back in a romantic way, Kyle felt indifference.