Chapter 13-Ike's Proposal

It was 6 pm by the time Kyle got home from Basketball practice. Thankfully, Ike always had Ice Hockey on the same days and so the two brothers were able to carpool on the ride home.

Kyle flushed and sweaty from a rigorous practice game against Jim Davis Highschool immediately rushed up the stairs when he entered his home so that he could take a quick shower and start on some homework.

Kyle had a 2500-word essay to complete for Mr. Stkrdknmibalz class and while Kyle loved writing, trying to write in Canadian was completely different.

Both Kyle's parents were busy for the evening and so Kyle and Ike were most likely going to go out for dinner.

Kyle was sitting at his desk trying to determine what to write about when his younger brother entered. Kyle was surprised to see Ike because Ike was usually out and about busy with friends.

"Hey Kyle," Ike sheepishly greeted rubbing the back of his neck.

"Hey Ike, what can I do for you?" While Ike's visit was unexpected, Kyle was genuinely happy to see his brother.

"Well, you know how I like Craig's sister Tricia?" Ike nervously began, shifting from one foot to the other.

"Yeah," Kyle chuckled. "It's quite obvious."

"It's just that I want to ask her out but I'm not really sure how to go about it,"

"Ike, I'd be more than happy to help!" Kyle offered, answering the unasked but implied question. "In fact, I'm sure Craig would be willing to help out also! Craig hates pretty much everyone that his sister has been interested in but I know for a fact that he likes you."

"Really?" Ike's eyes widened in surprise. Getting Craig's approval was considered an honor due to his natural disdain for others.

"Yeah," Kyle nodded. "He told me himself."

"That would be great! Craig knows Tricia even better than I do! Just make sure Tweek comes with him. Craig is kind of scary without Tweek." Ike grimaced. Craig was a super nice guy but he was a natural fighter and could beat practically anyone up.

The only one who ever seemed to calm Craig down was his boyfriend. Honestly, it was super cute and it helped make Craig a lot more approachable.

Before getting with Tweek, Craig was somewhat of a loner. Sure he talked to everyone but he didn't really have any close friends.

Kyle pulled out his phone and texted the couple. Tweek responded almost right away and invited Kyle and Ike to come over to discuss a plan.

Kyle shut off his phone and slipped it into his back pocket.

"Craig and Tweek just finished their shifts at Tweek Bro's coffee house. Craig said that they are at Raisins with Bebe and Clyde," Kyle informed his brother.

"We won't be bothering them right?" Ike asked concerned.

Kyle shook his head, "They do double dates at Rasins weekly and Craig said Bebe and Clyde want to help also,"

"Okay," Ike shrugged. "The more the merrier." Ike grabbed his jacket and followed Kyle to the car.

Thankfully rush hour was over and since it was weekday traffic wasn't horrible. The two brothers pulled up into the Raisins parking lot and were surprised to see a decent amount of cars there.

Entering the restaurant, Kyle was greeted by Mercedes one of the girls that worked there. In the background 'Don't You Want Me' by the Human League was playing.

After Kyle explained they were meeting friends, Mercedes guided the two brothers to a table where a fidgeting Tweek and uniterested looking Craig were seated. Along with the couple both Bebe and Clyde were seated at the table. Kyle sat next to Craig while Ike sat across from his brother next to Bebe.

Being a man of few words, Craig greeted them with a sup before looking back down at the menu.

"Soo," Bebe began, "I heard that little Ikey has a crush,"

Ike blushed in embarrassment looking down.

Bebe smiled, "don't be embarrassed. I think it's super cute."

"Do you have any idea how I should ask her?" Ike finally glanced up, acknowledging the pretty cheerleader.

"I'm not sure," Bebe answered truthfully. Turning towards Tweek she continued "What do you think Tweek? I feel like you are the most creative out of all of us."

Bebe wasn't wrong. Tweek was the best actor in the entire school. Even though the anxious spiky blonde-headed boy involuntarily twitched and had numerous verbal ticks, when doing a scene, Tweek turned into an entirely different person.

Kyle had never seen Tweek tremble during a play and with the amount of talent Tweek had, Kyle knew that he would be seeing the blonde on the big screen one day.

"Oh man, this is way too much pressure!" Tweek stuttered shaking. The nerve wracked boy tugged harshly at his spiky blonde hair. 

Craig put his arm around Tweek and gently rubbed his palm in soothing circles on the other boy's back.

"You have to have an idea," Ike pleaded clasping his hands together in a praying motion.

"Gah!" Tweek exclaimed anxiously uncontrollably twitching. "If you get Tricia's schedule at school maybe you could give each teacher a rose with a flower and a card with part of the question 'will you go out with me?' For her last class you could give the rose and card in person," Tweek suggested.

"That's actually an amazing idea!" Kyle exclaimed. "How did you come up with it?"

"Ahhh!" Tweek blurted out slightly shaking. "It was one of my ideas when I was going to ask Craig to junior prom last year but Craig ended up asking me first," Tweek smiled at his boyfriend.

"This idea is perfect," Ike grinned as relief flooding through him. "Craig, do you know what your sister's favorite flower is?"

"No," Craig replied bored. "You can't go wrong with roses though."

"True," Bebe agreed. "What do you think Clyde?"

When Clyde didn't respond, Bebe nudged her boyfriend awake.

"Huh?" Clyde asked still waking up from his nap. Once realizing where he was, the jock startled awake abashed.

"Nothing," Bebe laughed at her boyfriend's confusion. Bebe turned towards the rest of the group. "He's been so busy with football lately."

"You know I'm right here?" Clyde teased gazing at his girlfriend in adoration. Bebe smiled shaking her head.

"We should probably head out. It's already 9 PM and we have class tomorrow." Bebe grabbed her boyfriend's hand and the couple got up from their seats. Bebe then looked at Ike "meet me at the front office tomorrow morning. I can get you a copy of Tricia's schedule."

Bebe worked at the front office during study hall and after school so she had access to everyone's files.

"Ok, thank you!" Ike replied gratefully.

"Anytime," Bebe waved goodbye to everyone, and then both her and Clyde headed out.

Kyle and Ike decided to leave a few minutes later since they both had homework to finish.

"Good Luck!" Craig calls out as the two brothers exit. "I'm sure she will say yes."

Ike looked back over his shoulder and thanked the older boy before following his brother to the car.

The next day, Ike was officially not single and the Canadian boy could not be happier.